Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Practically Perfect - Quirks an all!

There is this huge likelihood, or temptation, of re-inventing yourself as a blogger.
I was recently catching up with a friend (Hi Dee) who tells it how it is. If there is a wart in sight - well!!! I let it out that I was a new blogger. In a moment of weakness / braveness I gave her my blog address. I found myself apologizing straight up. The 'me' that I am representing in this blog was perhaps a little different than the 'me' that I had shared with my friend. In my own defense I have to say that Both 'me' representations are more or less true to who I am, or have been or hope to be.
Recently I have been reading other blogs and was interested to see a
'Keeping it real' spot. http://familyrevised.blogspot.com/ (sorry! As yet I have absolutely no idea how to link, or grab buttons). Anyhow I thought this idea fit in really well with my thoughts on re-inventing yourself as a blogger.

So here is the beginning of my lists of imperfections (habits, bothersome irritants or quirks).



KEEPING IT REAL
1. I often leave the tap running while I clean my teeth.
2. I swig milk from the carton.
3. I have been known to let a rip snorting snore escape.
4. I watch way too much realty T.V
5. I practically over-analyze everything.
6. I commence my journey and then buckle up my seatbelt.
7. I use food as my comfort, reward or boredom buster.
8. I drum my fingers when stressed or when engaged in complex thinking.
9. I will tell a little white lie to save face or protect someone else.
10. I eavesdrop on other people's conversations while using public transport.
11. I possibly use way too much toilet paper for environmentalists.
12. I have participated in some gossip.
13. I have plagiarized.
(12 and 13 are confessions)
14. I tend to move in to 'lecture' mode when trying to make a point with the kids.
(working really hard on that one!)
15. I love wearing flannelet PJ's.

I am going to ask my kids to come up with 5 annoying habits of mine. I will post them later. May as well get 'really' real.

6 comments:

Elspeth said...

Ditto for me on numbers 1,6,7,11, and 14. Sometimes I forget to put on my seat belt at all!

Brenda said...

I have lots in common with you!!!!! Thanks so much for joining in! I liked the list idea. But asking the kids? Whoa. Don't think I'm ready to try that!!! :)
Thanks for playing along!

Brenda said...

Mary, e-mail me and I'll tell you how to do that linky thing. I, too, have done it wrong on other's blogs.

Huse Yo Mama said...

Good one! Thanks for linking to Brenda's page so we all could meet you!

Lexie said...

I liked your post! That was great!

dee taylor-graham said...

mares. i like your blog - and it sounds/feels just like the you i know - so i guess you can rest assured that you're keeping it real :)
lots of love x dee