Monday, April 21, 2008

Reflections

I have thought long and hard about the wisdom of sharing personal trials and troubles through this avenue of blogging. I know that I have given little glimpses but I'm also aware that I want to be brave enough and trusting enough to reveal, like Linds , another 1% of the real me.

Hello my name is Mary and I am going through an incredibly difficult time. I am hurting. I am emotionally vulnerable. I am disappointed in certain people and feel betrayed by others.

I am working through my emotions. I am starting to breathe more easily. I am feeling more and more peace very day.
I am drawing nearer, nearer, nearer to His precious bleeding side.

I feel the closest to God when I survey His wonder and His majesty and His determination to reveals himself (through His creation).

Pausing on the beauty of His creation reminds me that I am on a journey. I am part of His bigger plan.


Traveling along the narrow road. Eyes ahead. Watching, waiting for the beauty that is just around the bend.

Standing strong and tall.

Knowing that at times things will come crashing down but the life giving water will continue to flow. Maybe the walls had to come down.

Holding on tight when the pressures of life rages against you.

Aching knees, lungs whistling, pounding heart. Just one step at a time!

And then you can raise your arms to the heavens . You made it!

Stop and wonder at His majesty - you are even more beautiful.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Mary, what a lovely post. You are right - it is so difficult to let some of the inside creep out, but I have to say that the love and encouragement you get will be well worth that risk.

The danger is to present a worl which can be quite ficticious. We need to keep things real. I am so proud that you felt able to open up. God is really great, and has been my one certainty. Keep your eyes on Him and those mountains disappear. Or rather, we don't focus on them, and somehow we manage to climb them without knowing, when we keep our eyes on Him.

And no, I have not seen your comment at all, the one which disappeared! Quite a few people have mentioned that blogger is misbehaving, so it may yet arrive.

Sending a big cyber hug, my friend. Be gentle with yourself.

At A Hen's Pace said...

Hi Mary--

It's so nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by today and commenting.

I pray that sharing a little of yourself in writing--and in your lovely photos--will be therapeutic for you, as well as rewarding to others.

It works that way for me, by God's grace!

~Jeanne