Wednesday, April 16, 2008

potential insights

There I was sitting on the lounge feeling a little more than lazy. There I was sitting on the lounge feeling a little more than guilty. There I was sitting on the lounge looking at the carpet that would love me to death if I vacuumed. There I was sitting on the lounge, looking at the neglected carpet, feeling guilty, feeling tired (notice how I've changed from lazy to tired?) and watching Oprah. With great effort I get up and lug the heavy vacuum cleaner onto the carpet. I plug it in. I hold on tight to my super duper booster dust sucker-upper-er. It does not move. It only makes this pathetic whirring sound.

There I was off the lounge. May as well do the dishes while I'm up.

1 comment:

Aliadelaide said...

Hi Mary
as a family we are really good at blowing up vacuum cleaners! I used to feel quite embarrassed about this but I know now that in homeschooling families its "almost the norm"So we tend to stick with real cheapies because of our track record(and of course you are more than welcome to come and borrow it)
My other blogs address is

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Aliadelaide/