Sunday, April 20, 2008

I had a dream

Two nights ago I had a dream.

In my dream I was recounting an incident that happened 8yrs prior. It went like this -

' I went to a garage sale at the Church. Found a few educational resource books but not much else. My friend came up to me and showed me this oldish brown leather briefcase. My heart did a little flutter as it reminded me of a little leather brown satchel I had once when I was a little girl (I don't think I owned it as money was a huge problem - I think it was loaned to me so I could carry my stuff on a girl guides outing - suffice to say that I was so proud of having this satchel - very rich indeed). Anyhow, my friend had scooped this briefcase up (before the doors where even open) and was proudly parading her 'great find' (we were both studying at the time and it was an ideal case). Well I just said how great it was and smiled in acknowledgment of her thriftiness (she only paid $1). Deep down my thoughts were not as generous. I admit that I was actually seething inside with jealousy. I wished I had stumbled on the case. My friend showed me where she had discovered it - on a pew along the side just in case there was something else there ( I didn't tell her about my childhood satchel - ever)'.

My dream then changed a little. Time had moved.

'I went back into the church and walked towards the same pew and saw the case exactly where my friend had found it.'

I woke up and forgot about the dream.

So I took my daughter to the garage sale (8 yrs on) as she was helping with the barbecue. I was just going to drop her off and go shopping. However, I decided to have a browse and found a few more books. Then I received a phone call to say that the person I was going to meet was running a little late. I went back inside and decided to try and find a 'great' bargain.

I walked towards the pew on the side.

NO WAY!



There on the pew was THE case. (My son has my camera so this is not the actual case)




I kid you not.

I found my friend (in the kitchen peeling onions) and asked her if that was the case she found 8 yrs ago.

She tells me that the night before she was sorting through stuff to take to the sale and was undecided about the case. Her son took the case out of her hands and made the decision for her.

We both agreed that I just had to have it.

I shared this wild story with the lady with the money bag and she said that seeing as my friend paid $1 for it (8 yrs ago) I could have it for 50c.

Are you kidding?

I gave her $1 and sang all the way out the door.

Was this a sign? A blessing? About dreams? Memories? Dementia? (I just went and checked and I still have the case - Phew!). I think God had his hand in it - waiting to figure out the rest.

1 comment:

Linds said...

What an amazing story...Now, like you, I can't wait to find out what the dream meant!