Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah - all day long

I'm looking at the sink (I'd show you you a photo except I'm way too embarrassed). I'm apologizing profusely to the pots, pans, cups, plates and cutlery as they wait ever so patiently for some tender loving soap suds to come their way. I'm looking at the fridge (hoping like mad that there is some quick fix meal hidden in the freezer). I'm in my pj's in case I fall asleep watching T.V . I'm exhausted! Absolutely exhausted. I'm exhausted in spite of not doing anything remotely physically taxing. I really hope I'm not slurring my words, that's how tired I am!

My brain has not shut up. Blah, Blah, Blah - all day long. I've had spiritually enlightening thoughts, guilt thoughts (I thought negative thoughts), argumentative thoughts, 'save the world' thoughts, powerless to 'save the world' thoughts, save myself thoughts, what's the world coming to thoughts, "who am I?" thoughts, amusing ideas for future blog thoughts, more guilt thoughts (I had some cheesecake), inquiring thoughts (how can I be a 'better' me), even more guilt thoughts (why am I not a 'better' me?), soul searching thoughts, " am I going mad?" thoughts and even some "would I know if I had?" thoughts.

Exhausting.

Then I remembered.

I grabbed my camera and went for a little walk.



On the way out I stopped to smell the roses.




Found the park bench



Soaked up the view (My favourite part of the day - dusk).


Surrendered all my thoughts.

That's when I heard Him whisper..
"whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things".

No comments: