Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hello, My name is Mary and my daughter is a chocoholic

That's right! I am going to blame my daughter for my recent over-indulgence in chocolate.

Some of my friends are flat out blaming the shops for having all those yummy chocolates on display over Easter. Not me, no siree! Some of my friends are blaming the genetic 'sweet tooth' syndrome. Not me, no siree! Some of my friends are boasting about their self control in saying 'no' to temptation (it's all about willpower they say). Not me. No siree!

I put the blame fair and square on my daughters shoulders.

It is a fact, my daughter is a chocoholic.

Unfortunately for me my daughter is also an athlete (I am merely a fantastic appreciator of her athleticism). My daughter has fast fat gobbling hormones (I am menopausal). My daughter is tall (I once auditioned as one of the seven dwarfs) and worse of all my daughter doesn't have any other addictions (Sorry to say I am rather partial to deep fried yummies).

So I kept my daughter company during her frenzied consumption of chocolate over Easter (I called it our bonding time).

Now I am well and truly paying the price.

I suppose it is a little unfair blaming my daughter. It's really not her fault she was blessed with an incredibly fast metabolism. What's that I hear you say? "The first step to recovery is honesty."

You're right. It sin't my daughters fault. No siree.

It's the menopause!!!!


Sorry, got to go , my chips are nearly ready.

No comments: