Saturday, October 4, 2008

The good news first

Before I commence my blog on my recent trip to Sydney may I take this opportunity of getting real? I mean really real!

There is good news (relatively speaking) and shocking news (the truth).

So, today I did what I have been putting off for forever and slid onto the weighing scales.

The good news (remember I said it was relative) is that I am not quite as heavy as I thought I may have been.

The shocking news is that I am only 3 kilos off my heaviest weight ever.

Okay, so I reckon if I am going to really, really, really do something about this disaster then I had better get really, really, really real and disclose all. I need to become a little vulnerable and a whole lot more accountable.

Man, my weight is out of control.

I have got to do something - for pity sake I am on hypertension medication after all.

Wake up Mary!!!!!

Friends - I repeat, FRIENDS

I weigh (taking a deep breath)

84.8 kg - that is almost 13 and a half stone.

18 months ago I weighed 87 kg, then I lost 18 kgs and was 70 kg last christmas. Although that was heavier than I should be (my ideal weight is 55kg) I was sitting ok with the weight.

So, I have set myself a goal.

I will not put up with this attitude of mine one more day.

I plan to be 70 kg again by this christmas.

Watch this space.....

just to make sure that I keep in my minds eye how much work I have to do I am going to add a photo of my current self taken in Sydeny but two days ago.

(any minute now)

I'm a little apprehensive.

I am wondering if this is really, really, really necessary?

Yes!


So, here I am - that's me under Sydney Harbour Bridge.






Okay, that's not being real is it?


Up a little closer...


Well that's not going to keep me accountable..

A little more honesty I hear you say... Ok - brace yourselves..




Yep, I have got a bit of work ahead of me - I just love the lobsided glasses:).

A regular feature on my face apparently!!!

I need to go for a walk now - while I am all inspired and guilt ridden and before I press delete.

Will post on Sydney in the next few days.

Cheers

6 comments:

Linds said...

Hahahahahahohohohoheeheehee....

I am howling with laughter here - not at YOU but at your POST!!! Oh do I ever identify at the moment, and did I tell you that the cretin at the hospital WEIGHED ME WITH A BRACE ON!!! Then said - ummmm - you don't LOOK that heavy..... Dear heaven. I nearly clunked him with the brace. But I am up there with you and absolutely NOT happy. If I could move and burn off more than 6 calories a day it may help, seeing that I am most definitely eating more than 6 calories.

My diet suggestion is what I learnt from my dietician waaaaaay back in the 80's who got my weight doen to 57kgs and I looked anorexic, I might add - sitting in the bath hurt - the bones, you know - anyway, where was I.....

Water. Drink a full beer glass of water before every meal. I think she said 2 but start slowly. You will get all the exercise you need running to the loo repeatedly, and also, everything you eat will then be water-borne and will race through without stopping to leave deposits. See??? Aren't you glad we are friends??

Linds said...

PS - real is good.

Linds said...

I also have lopsided glasses. It is nothing to do with the shape of my head. Of course not. Hey - check out a couple of blogs like penless writer - she has a weightloss ticker at the top of her page!There are quite a few with them at the moment. You can move the little bug along! OOOOH!And now I will leave your comments section alone and go and make some toast with butter and more coffee....

Crystal said...

I admire your honesty and courage in being so real. I'm better at hiding in these discussions :( I like Linds suggestion about the water - may have to try that. Exercise is not my activity of choice - at all! I need to stay out of the fridge and cupboard in the evenings. And I totally understand your dilemma about clothes shopping. I intensely dislike it these days. But then I am reminded that God has a plan for me and He sees past the rolls and into my very soul. Let's support each other in this endeavour, shall we? Take care!

Judith said...

Way to go, Lady. I love how you kept zoning in on the real you. I think you have much more courage than fat.

The main thing that's helping me trim down is getting rid of stress. I would come home from work all wound, and eat most of a family size box of icecream, the tasty kind, not the low calorie stuff.

It took a while to put on the pounds, so don't get discouraged it takes time to get rid of them, and know that I am cheering cheering you about it.

JulieMom said...

Way to go Mary!! You are getting real! And that is a great start to any weight loss decision.

But I'm not that ready yet. LOL.