Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The bag challenge

Julie from my life as Julie mom has been brave enough to empty her bag and declare its contents. Granted it was a little bit eclectic ( that's actually a bit of an understatement) however, I thought her justification was admiral. Any old how, Julie has invited fellow bloggers to reveal their bags (and contents). I thought I was in with a chance (a little competitive - have you noticed?), however, however, on reviewing my photos I must say I am a little bit disappointed with my effort, (Please don't challenge my atrocious grammar on the however s - TA), (and while we are talking of language skills, I would appreciate it if you ignore all spelling, punctuation or dribble mistakes, double Ta).

So, here is my bag
I know, I know it's pretty funky. I got this bag in Sydney (notice the bridge and the opera house?) when I went to see Billy Elliot The Musical (boy that was some show!). Now, I may have to go back to Julie's blog, but I am fairly sure mine might be a little teeny weeny bit larger.

Now for the contents


we have:
1. A plastic shopping bag filled with chocolate bars - yes I know I am on a weight loss thingy me bobby - which are to be placed in the student's reward chest - yes I know that we are not meant to reward students with sweets. "She's a rebel in disguise! Oh yes she is, a rebel in disguise!!".
2. A lanyard with my classroom keys attached - a must for everyone.
3. A little plastic container where I store my Ipod shuffle ( a birthday pressie - loaded with Mama Mia the musical songs).
4. A pump water bottle with a third of water within.
5. A full can of chilled Pepsi Max for lunch - please don't lecture me about the benefits of poison - Ta.
6. A little shoulder bag from Thailand that holds my various cards - please notice the honour card in the pouch (five coffes = 1 free) and please note how easily accessible it is ;)
7. My change purse -the red thing - unzipped - to indicate lack of change at the moment.
8. Packet of codeine and paracetemol - I have had this really hacky cough - honest.
9. A strip of anti acid tablets - yep - they are for my heartburn caused by Pepsi Max?
10. You can just see the edge of my nasal spray - hay fever.
11. An almost empty bag of no brand licorice - to counteract the effects from the codeine - if you get my drift?
12. My central locking car keys - for the car, of course!
13. My flight pouch that now holds my tax return cheque - I am really into recycling ;)
14. One of those USB things - everyone carries that around with them.
15. A cloth to clean my spectacles - which is a bit of a laugh cause it is filthy.
16. A pen that does not work - and I have discovered this fact at least five times now.
17. A petrol discount docket - no further explanation needed - accept to say - they are usually on my fridge when I drive to the petrol station - go figure!
18 A nutritiously balanced lunch in the form of a plastic cheese (low fat) sandwich - on white bread - nicely presented in some glad wrap a fantastic haven for all sorts of bacteria.

It was as I was arranging my contents (at school) that I realised there was something missing.

I left my mobile phone at home. Good news is that I now know I can live without it.

So, that's my bag and all it's contents.

What does your bag look like - let Julie know and we will all come and judge you - nah not really. Julie wins - hands down (Christmas stuff???)

And the inspirational quote for this post is

If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path
Buddhist saying


cheers.


4 comments:

Linds said...

I am impressed. At the size, the contents and the shrieks of laughter coming from here so early in the morning. But I can so identify - it looks like my school bag too! 10/10 for full disclosure!

Mary said...

Newsflash Linds

This is not my school bag - it's my real bag. You don't want to see my school bag - real scary.

JulieMom said...

My purse will DEFINITELY fit inside yours! LOL But I think you win, even though you SAY the candy is for the kids at school.

Why isn't it in the school bag?

:0)

Mary said...

You make a good point - re the chocolate bars not being in the school bag. There is a methos to my madness. I was a little concerned that the school may pull out a random school bag check and I would be busted - so I hid them in my normal bag. Otr, version number two is that I had only just bought them and I took my own bag into the shop, not the school bag and I was too lazy to transfer them over ?

What I can tell you is that I held back from rewarding myself with one. Although I did spend several minutes wafting in their aroma (cost me a couple of calories).