Sunday, September 28, 2008

What was that all about?

What was that all about? Good question!

Let me try and explain..

The whole down on self thing that was happening with me yesterday was a direct response to having to purchase some clothes.

It wasn't so much that I had to buy clothes (that can sometimes be a womans therapy right?) The problem was I was bringing these huge sizes home (I never use fitting rooms - way too depressing - and who really wants to see a 50 year old mama-whale have a melt down in a cubicle with a thin piece of cloth seperating her from her victims? ).

Anyway I was getting really, really (can I use one more really for emphasis?) depressed because I was skipping a few sizes and was clearly moving into the 'larger' women range. Get real - I know I have slapped on the weight but surely not that much?

Afraid so..

There was a little reprieve in my depression when I convinced myself they were all made in China and they surely used real life manequins for their fittings (have you seen many obese chinese women).

I even felt a tad better when my super slim eldest daughter had to go up one size. Still, that didn't really account for me going up, like, four sizes!!!!

Anyway, I was home feeling like a complete failure (weight is the determining factor for sucess, right?).

Bugger it, I thought. I will just get a big tent, sew a few hippy flowers on it, and take myself off to Sydney regardless of the fact that SYDNEY is, like, THE fASHION empire of Australia. Not to mention that I am going to Sydney with my sensitive youngest daughter.

So, I decided to go with the insanity plea!!

I blogged about it - getting it off my chest.

I left the post for about 30 min.

Then I changed my mind and ran to the computer to delete my embarressing 'Sooky La La' post just to discover it was too late. (Linds, you must have been at the computer as I wrote the embarrseeing blah, blah blah tale.)

The damage was done.

It is now official - I am nuts!

Still, I must say the responses were encouraging and kind - so thanks guys.

And tomorrow daughter and I (along with my flowery tent) are flying out to Sydney for four days (for those who don't know Sydney is where the opera house is and it's like really, really trendy).

The reason for our little trip is a training exercise. My daughter is in training. Daughter wants to go to England next year and as I am the over- protective type of mother and she has langusge disorder, there is no way she is going anywhere until I am satisfied that she is travel savvy.

Daughter (Jenna) has had to arrange it all and she has to navigate us out of Sydney airport to our hotel etc etc. I am there for moral support - although I have threatened to abandon her at the airport if she starts getting too sassy with me. The good news is that we have been practising the non- sassiness attitude and she is almost ready to see it my way!

Hence, I will not be making a post until Saturday ( I didn't want you to think I was having another dummy spit - inserting big grin about here).

Cheers!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Have a great time! And hey, I will give you my phone number so daughter can call me when she gets here if there is a problem. Relax! I hope you and your daisy tent have a great time. Not to mention the daughter too, of course.

Elspeth said...

I know the feeling, Mary. Consider joining us bloggy gals on our new quest for fitness.

Hope you and your daughter had a great time together.

Crystal said...

I know you are already back home - but I still hope you had a marvelous trip. And that DD navigated you safely through many wonderful adventures. I'm waiting to hear all about it!