Monday, October 27, 2008

Reflecting on better things


These photos were taken from our local jetty.

As I looked at them today (part of holding onto better things) I remembered the amazing, overwhelming realization that God's presence is truly visible for those who see. I remembered the peace I felt. I remembered the promise I made that I would rejoice in His greatness. I remembered His promise to sustain my belief even through the dark days - You won't always get the sunsets.

I am making a list of the things I need to let go of - Where the full stops belong! It's time.

"Sometimes holding on makes you stronger. sometimes it's letting go."

4 comments:

JulieMom said...

Beautiful!

Linds said...

Stunning! Beautiful!

Aliadelaide said...

Great post Mary! love the pictures too!

Crystal said...

I love your reflection - such good words for each of us to remember and live by. And the sunset is beautiful where you live too - what an amazing God to create all this beauty for us to enjoy!!