Thursday, October 23, 2008

weather forecast

It would be fair to say that I do not particularly like hot weather, especially, unseasonal hot weather like summer-hot weather- when it is still spring. That's gripe number one!

Gripe number two: I really, really don't like these all consuming, dry, (make that very dry) northerly winds we are so blessed with over here in South Australia. 'How bad', you ask? They have the capacity to dehydrate your skin to a shrivelly, pruney, sandpapery (I know these are not real words - but they are expressive - so they stay!) kind of look - not to mention what it does to the sinuses - or my mood!!!

So, here's the weather forecast for the next week
Saturday      Windy. Late afternoon change.      Max 37
Sunday Morning shower, then fine. Max 25
Monday Fine. Mostly sunny. Max 25
Tuesday windy. Hot and dry. Max 35
Wednesday Hot and dry. Max 36
I was doing just fine until I heard the lovely weather girl announce the GREAT news. Did she have to have that smile plastered on her face?

The mere thought has set my sinuses tingling.

Did I mention that IT IS NOT SUMMER YET?

At least Sunday and Monday look like nice days

I know, I know

In everything give thanks...

It's going to be a tough week.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Anything remotely warm would be fine for me. I just hate humidity. Dry heat is ok. Not damp heat. just think ...in the whole of the past summer, our temps have seldom reached 20. It has been so dire. I have hardly worn summer stuff.

Crystal said...

Alberta has been warmer every summer, especially during the last few years. We rarely saw temperatures in the 30 degree range and this summer we had many days, in a row, like that. We don't get much wind - well, except for the last few days when a north wind has been blowing cold air over us. Ah, the weather - always something to talk about!

You asked if I made that inukshuk in my last post. No - it was there, on the edge of someone's property, just waiting to have its picture taken!