Sunday, October 26, 2008

A renewed determination

First of all I really want to say thanks to a fellow blogger for letting me have a bit of a rant and rave on saturday night. I was feeling a little bit low (putting it mildly) and a whole lot sorry for myself. During our conversation I was (gently - but firmly) reminded that perhaps I needed to let go of a few things and to get a firmer hold on some different things. I really value everything that was said. I was encouraged.

I tried to pray. The tears where often distracting yet somehow necessary. I reflected. I opened my heart a little more.

I slept.

Morning came and with it a renewed determination to get on with it.

Some of the things I want to grab hold of a whole lot more and to find a way to express on a daily basis appreciation. Appreciation for the good things in my life, for opportunities yet to come, for grace offered freely from the one who paid the greatest price, for eyes that allow me to see - really see - His creation, for the invitation to commune with our creator in a personal way, for forgiveness and for still having a pulse.

There are a few things in my life (experiences, disappointments, mistakes, hurts, fears) that I need to put a full stop next to. These things I need to bring before God and allow His guidance and His peace to direct me. I need to forgive some people. I need to seek forgiveness. I need to be forgiven. I need to trust. I need to trust His forgiveness.

Trusting is believing that God will keep His word
And trusting is believing you're every prayer is heard
And trusting is letting God know you're depending on Him
It's feeling His forgiveness within.

Trusting is believing that God cares for you
And trusting is believing just as a child would do
It's like giving your hand to Jesus knowing He wont let go

I'll trust Him because He loves me so.


So that was my prayer today.

Thanks Linds.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Have I told you how proud I am of you???? This is a beautiful BEAUTIFUL post. Especially for me to read. You are an amazing lady. Don't forget that. EVER.

JulieMom said...

Yes, I agree it's a beautiful post. It always helps to have solid friends to bounce hurts and problems off, and to be directed back into the right way. To the arms of the Savior.