Friday, October 10, 2008

Feeling a bit poorly

Hi guys

I have so much to blog about - honest. Thing is I feel awful (physically).

Here are my woes:

All the walking and climbing in Sydney aggravated my knee injury - I have been in agony and have had to pull up every 100 steps for a rest. I told the doctor about it and he said he would send me back to the hospital for a review. "Does this mean I go back on a waiting list?", I asked. "Yep", was his reply. Great - the waiting list is like two years. I have already done that and unfortunately when I rocked up to the hospital (the first time) it was on a day when the knee was functioning pretty well (comparatively) and the doctors guide was whether or not I could climb 6 steps. It mattered not if it hurt or that you became completely bed ridden after 8 steps???? Off the list I went!

I have been fighting this horrible virus which is rampant in Adelaide. I am up to my third round. Feel awful (whooping like cough, aches, headaches, tiredness, congested head). Lasts about 8 days then you feel ok for about a week then it is back - so, I figure I should be feeling a little better in time for school to go back (2 days time) - lucky me heh?


On a different note -

GOOD NEWS or BAD NEWS depending on how you look at it.

I have lost 400grams in four days. Now that's not a lot I know (especially when the damage is as bad as I have let it get). So you could say - bad news. However, I got the calculator out and worked out that I have been averaging a 400g gain per week. So, really it is great news cause it took 7 days to put on 400g and only 4 days to get it off. That's GREAT news. Especially if you look at it as a 400g loss and a prevention of a 400gram gain for this week. Thats 800grams - let's dance.

Actually if you could hold off on the dancing until my head clears and my knees is a little less inflamed that would be great.

Dancing on the inside - maybe!

4 comments:

Linds said...

I am going to be joining you on this little let's look like a supermodel thingy. Well done! I think you have made a heroic start, but I certainly hope your knee is better soon, or you zoom up the waiting list. I can just see us sitting on a park bench somewhere clutching knees and moaning as we decide if we can make it to the nearest coffee shop. Groan.

Edith said...

Congratulations on the 400g weight loss! Not sure how that translates to pounds but it takes baby steps and I need to get back on that wagon.

Hope the waiting list does not take too terribly long to get to your name - hang in there.

Have a blessed day.

Crystal said...

I hope you are feeling better soon - and a big congratulations on the loss of some grams!!! Any loss / prevention of gain is reason to celebrate. Perhaps you could sing or cheer instead of dancing right now. I'll be praying that your hospital visit yields some actual results, unlike poor Linds!!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you -perhaps I might have a sliver of pumpkin pie (yes - with whipped cream!) on your behalf :))

Margaret Cloud said...

I hope you feel better soon and what a bummer about your knee, my husband had a knee replaced, no fun.