Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little more Sydney

Here are a few more photos from my trip to Sydney. They are not in order, nor are they formatted very well. Thing i, you see I got a little carried away when I was uploading the photos - by the time I came up for air they were all parked on the page and I can not for the love of me (at least without shouting some obscenities - which I am trying to curb - seeing as I never swore for 23 years( ( sorry for the pathetic punctuation!)

Any old how - I will give a little commentary on the photos as I go.
















This is The Three Sisters up at the Blue Mountains (about a 2 hour train ride from Sydney). Beautiful place. I mean really beautiful - definitely part of God's wonderful creation.















What you need to understand is that my favourite chocolate of all time is Lindt milk chocolate balls -(served at exactly 22C). So, how very excited were we to stumble on a Lindt Cafe.
Oh me, Oh my this white chocolate drink was - to die for!















He was looking at me in a kind of funky way. I am fairly sure he was trying to communicate with me. I am imagining something like - 'Heh babe, looking good ;)", or something similar maybe?

(Okay so I forgot what I was going to say on that photo - or why I even posted it.. still, it stays...)














Our beautiful Opera house - did you know it was short listed to go on the modern 'wonders of the world' list? It's true! And it's no wonder (well it is a wonder).











Sydney Harbour bridge. Jenna and I walked over it. Check out the sky - neat heh?

Well this has been a mammoth effort bringing these photos to you. I deleted about six because I just could not format them (and I confess to swearing twice).


And so, I leave you with the inspirational quote for this post

"Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meaness".
(George Sand)

4 comments:

Linds said...

There is such a thing as a LINDT cafe??? Why have I never found one? The chocolate balls are also my absolute favourite chocolate too.
Great photos! Have you ever climbed the bridge?

Crystal said...

The photos are great - never mind that they are out of order, etc. etc. I still loved seeing them so please keep sharing. And a Lindt Cafe?????????? Oh, my word - when we come to Australia, I want to visit it.

Thanks for the compliment about our grandkids photo on my blog. I'm glad I looked peaceful there - in the kitchen it was a bit scarier, I think. Especially when I dropped a tablespoon of dry cornstarch all over the stove and floor :(( But I survived and the day was good.

Judith said...

My kind of lady, my kind of storyteller. I love that you got details all screwed up, but just kept going. How I would love to see your country in person, but your sharing helps. The three part quote is so good. I'm going back to it so I can write it down. Good luck with the exclamation point words that creep out. I'm working on not saying "Oh Cra-."

Margaret Cloud said...

I like your photos, thanks for the tour, the Opera House is a modern marvel I think how lovely it is every time I see it, thanks again for sharing, and I invite you to come on by.