Monday, October 6, 2008

Sydney trip - a little perving

Day four was a very warm one (35c). Jenna and I decided it was the perfect day to catch the ferry to Manley - a beach well known for its surf and 'surfers'.

Now I am not trying to suggest that either one of us are surfers but it would be fair to say that we were excited about the prospect of checking out the possibility of perhaps 'giving it a go'.

The ferry ride was very nice. There were lots of tourists with their boards and their thongs (flip flops) and bikinis (I will confess to being tempted to throw a few of the '10' bodies overboard). As we enjoyed the ride we were beginning to sense the possibility that we would be caught up in all the 'beachy' atmosphere and , who knows, give surfin a go!

So, we arrive at the beach and it is swarming with fellow beach lovers.

First up we find the surfboards that they have for hire

The next thing to check out was the actual surf

Not bad!


Not bad at all!!!

Hold on - aren't those rocks a little dangerous?

'
I had better check out the notice

Strong current -Mmmm perhaps I should re-think this surfing idea?

I think this is as far into the surf I am going to get.

Perhaps a little game of beach volleyball instead?

I am so not perving!!!

Ok, maybe a little!

I wasn't that obvious -was I?

Definitely worth a second look - don't you think?

He was so posing!

No surfing - but all in all a very nice day.

Cheers

4 comments:

Linds said...

You even CONTEMPLATED surfing without ME??? Hmmmmph.

Oh yes you were. Without a doubt. What fun! And there I was waiting for the photo in the bathing costume. Sigh.

Mary said...

My dear friend Linds - bathing suit? Did you not think the photo of me fully clothed scary enough?

And what about the life surfer dude - HOT or what?

Crystal said...

Your photos tell a wonderful story! And your comments made me laugh :)) Thanks for sharing the first details of your trip - I'll be watching for more.

You asked about The Simple Woman - of course it's for everyone who wants to participate! Just link your post to her Mr. Linky and you'll be part of the fun - and the start to a fresh week. You can follow over there via my post. Please join us next week!!

Crystal said...

You might know this answer already but I'll share some background with you anyway!

We have 4 children and the 3 girls are married. Here's what it looks like:
Darrin - our son - 31 years old and engaged to Kelsey - they will be married on March 21, 2009 - he is an engineer and she is an office administrator - they live in Calgary

Heather - our daughter - 30 years old - married to Jonathan - they have Helayna, who will be 2 at the end of this month and Silas, who is just a month old - If I go to Airdrie, I'm going to see them - he works for Samaritan's Purse, a non-governmental charitable organization and she is a stay at home mom with a small photography business on the side

Melinda - our daughter - 28 years old - married to Tyler - currently in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Tyler's home area - she is a teacher and he hopes to become a doctor - they previously have lived in Taiwan and Poland, hence our marvelous travels the last 2 years

Naomi - our daughter - 27 years old - married to Jerry - they live just half an hour from us - Meadow, who is 2 years old, is their daughter - she is a nurse, he is a teacher

Hope that helps when you read my blog!