Friday, January 30, 2009

They offered me the contract

and I gratefully accepted.

I thank the lord.
I thank Sharon (the principal from my last school)who was in the right place at the right time and recommended me for this position. God orchestrated that one.
I thank the Principal from this school who worked really hard (and pulled a lot of strings) so that I could get that little name badge which identifies me as belonging.
And
I thank my blogger friends who encouraged me and prayed me through my many fears and doubts and apprehensions and 'wobbly faith' moments. I was a bit like - 'Lord, I believe; Help my unbelief!'.

I really do recognize and appreciate Gods hand in this new opportunity.

So, the class is mine for the whole year. Thirty students. Thirty wonderful opportunities.

And do you know what really blessed me? When I told the students on Thursday that I was staying as their teacher I saw a group of students look at each other,smile and then they mouthed the word - YES!

So, it has been a long, hot(every day was over 43 degrees C),exhausting (my classroom is upstairs and about 1000 Km's from the staff room and staff toilets - which I guess I didn't see much of - seeing as the students were not allowed outside to play and I only had 5 min to take a break - so I had to run - hence the exhaustion!), exciting, challenging - but - rewarding first week.

Oh boy, I have so much prep to do this weekend. Bring it on!!!!!

I'm so excited. Exhausted - but definitely - EXCITED and THANKFUL.


P.S. Please insert a smiley face here!

I tried but at the moment I can't upload any photos or images or use italics or bold - I just get a whole lot of letters and symbols. Grrrrrr!

7 comments:

Linds said...

I knew it, and I am so delighted for you. The peace of mind is priceless, and you so deserve this Mary. Well done, and thank the Lord!

Rosaria Williams said...

Great news, Mary. The class will appreciate your positive spirit and can do attitude. It helped to have friends in the right places. I have a philosophy about that: if you go through life spreading good seeds, your praises will be seen in your deeds and people will speak about those deeds forever.

Well done. What grade did you say?

Therese said...

great news. We originally lived in Adelaide and I remember when my husband was looking for contracts. Now he has a permanent position and we too are really grateful for it. His job really suits our family.

Therese

Crystal said...

Yeah!!!! That is marvelous news! I pray that you will be blessed and be a blessing this year. It's nice to hear that the students appreciate you too!

Kym-Anne said...

Congratulations!! That's great news.
What a blessing for you and your students.
God Bless

Judith said...

Hello again, dear friend,
Not at all surprised you got the contract, and the best proof of this is your new students' happiness about it.

Think about the teachers who taught you. Some of mine are etched forever in my brain, and others, let's just say I learned important life lessons from. I am thrilled that perhaps some pressure's off, about income. But what sets my heart strings humming is that you simply love teaching.

So congrats again. The school and those students are so fortunate to get you.

JulieMom said...

What wonderful news! Sorry I'm behind in my reading (as usual) but I am so very happy for you!

And to see the kids WANT YOU BACK is awesome!! God is indeed good.