Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook #4


For Today.... 27th January, 2009

Outside My Window

Sun, sun, sun, sun - it is official we are having a heat wave (43 degrees C today) with no relief in site for the week. So, everything outside my window is looking a little frazzled.

I am thinking

What a wonderful invention the air - conditioner is!

I am thankful that

I went to school today and had a great time. It is looking like I might just get the contract. Thank you Lord.

From the kitchen

Marinated chicken thigh fillets, crispy tossed salad and Pepsi Max (what’s better my daughter cooked and prepared). Thanks Ellisha.

I am wearing

Five minutes ago I had Khaki three quarter pants and a bright pink and burnt orange top on - but right now? Sorry - can’t say (it’s hot in the house).

I am creating

Moving along nicely with my quilt. I am also creating some interesting and engaging lesson plans (well I like them ;))

I am going

To jump under the shower and cool off - very soon.

I am reading

Some journal entries from my new students - some of them are hilarious. For example, one student wrote, ‘I think this has been the best day of the school year so far!’ It made me laugh - as it was the first day of the school year. Not really sure what she meant by ‘think’?

I am hoping

That nobody (especially the very young or the very old) suffer too much with this extreme heat wave. Many oldies can not afford to pay the amenities bill so they don’t put on the cooling.

I am hearing

My two daughters chatting away to each other in heat stroke tones.

Around the house

Bodies lounging around on the sofa - looking COOL!!!!

One of my favourite things

My vote for today definitely goes to air conditioners (have I mentioned we are having a heat wave?)

A few plans for the rest of the week.

Lesson plans, staff meetings, quilting (perhaps), cool showers, netball trials and of course - a coffee date.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you


From this

to this slightly over zealous bit of pruning (oh boy!)


Why not jump over to The Simple Woman's Daybook and read some more entries.

3 comments:

Linds said...

You may just be a little warm over there then. I think we got that! Great that day one was good at school. Excellent. And I woudl leave the quilt till it cools down a little!Like when it gets to ...say....36C.

Rosaria Williams said...

Mary,
Yours has become one of my favorite blogs. You have such a positive attitude, even in the hot and uncomfortable weather around you at this time.

I do hope you get a permanent teaching assignment soon.

Kym-Anne said...

I'm so glad to hear your first day at school went so well.
I honestly couldn't cope in the S.A. heat, we get one day over 35 and I spend the next 3 days whinging about it..LOL!!