Sunday, February 1, 2009

Almost up to a big whine

Here is a list of the things that I am considering whining about -

1. It's Hot - I mean really hot. It is relentlessly hot. Look it up if you don't believe me. We have just broken all sorts of record - highest temp day in all recorded SA history. Highest stretch of days over 40 degrees in 100 years. The most amount of deaths related to the heat. Not to mention the strain on the ambulance and hospital workers.
2. We (The State) are not producing enough energy to keep the supply on in all areas - so - we are having these little breaks in power usage. No warning, no apology - NO POWER!
3. My air conditioner has had enough and has gone on strike.
4. I have all these disgusting creepy crawly critters marching through my home - uninvited I might just add. They are ugly. They look part cockroach, part cricket and part half - formed tadpole.They have come to join all the mozzies and little black spiders who have already taken up residence.
5. I am not sleeping well - no exclamation needed, surely. My bedroom is like a sauna.
6. When I have a shower and use cold water only I am practically getting scalded.
7. My daughters think they are the only one affected by the heat - don't ask!!!!
8. I spent 3 hours creating some signs / posters for the classroom. When I went to print them off they didn't fit onto the page. I had to start all over again as I had used Photoshop and that fixes the margins.
9. To save the house from exploding in the heat I have not been cooking. However, I have consumed far too many hot cross buns from the fridge - with loads of butter from the fridge. Swilled down with Pepsi Max (from the fridge).

I'll stop now cause I am determined not to whine.


In everything give thanks. I'm gonna be honest - right now - the way things stand - it's a bit of a stretch.

But I'll be right mate!!!!!!

There's enough good things going on that I don't have to whine about.

Ooh! There goes another of those little yucky critters .

I will not whine!
I will not whine !!
I will not whine !!!

He's going down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6 comments:

Linds said...

Unbearable heat is the pits. I do believe a whine or 2 is allowed. Especially if the ugly critters invade. Here we are bracing ourselves for snow. David is already knee deep in the stuff. Just thought I would mention the opposite extreme, but give me cold over heat any day. At least one can get warm.

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh heck, whine away. You are deep in mess that can't be wished away. If more people whined, someone will surface to do something that brings relief. Of course, being stuck in a hot classroom with no air-conditioning is not fun. I feel for you, wishing I could bottle up my chill factor and ship it over.

Margaret Cloud said...

Mary, I don't blame you for whining, the heat is enough to drive a person to do things they normally do not do. Maybe wear a sock around your neck with crushed ice in it. I don't like crawly critters either, but we have winter to kill some off that do not hibernate.

Aliadelaide said...

Hi Mary
We too found yesterday the limit...so so looking forward to next Sunday when its supposed to go down to 25. Today will be at least 39 and humid...YUCK! It certainly makes for "fun" family living.Heh I just murdered one of those creepy critters for you, praying for you at school today!

Kym-Anne said...

Whine away Mary, my heart goes out to you! I can't believe how extreme the heat has been over there! It's astounding!!
I hate 'yukky' bugs too, the ones you have sound mutant!!!LOL
Glad you like my scrap page, any questions just ask.
Praying for cool change to come your way.

Crystal said...

It sounds hot! You have every right to vent about it. I hope things moderate this week and that you can be comfortable at school and at home. I hate bugs in the house too. They have the whole outdoors to roam in - why do they have to move in to my space?!!

You asked about the garage party idea. It's not common around here but my sister is always so good about dreaming up a party that will include the guys, not just the girls for a shower. When our daughter, Naomi got married, they had a 'tools' themed gathering. Games included building stuff and using different tools and building supplies to make wedding clothes that were modelled by the bride and groom. They got gifts like ladders, sawhorses, drills, saws and shelving. It was perfect for them because they had a tiny wedding with only 22 people so we included lots of friends in the pre-wedding gathering. Your girls would have enjoyed that one too!!

I hope you have a happy week!