Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Simple Woman & On the near horizon


For today... January 6th 2009 - My first entry


Outside My Window . . . parched grass, blue skies and some washing that needs to be brought in before it crisps.

I am thinking . . . a million thoughts at the moment - none of which will settle to be a priority - sigh.

I am thankful that . . . My girls have just rung to say they arrived safely in Whyalla. and my electricity bill was not heart attack material.

From the kitchen . . . a few dishes to put away and a frozen Pepsi Max bottle which I accidentally left in the freezer.

I am wearing . . . three quarter denim shorts, a white cheese cloth top and a hippy bracelet I bough from the surf shop.

I am reading . . . ‘No Dark Valley, by Jamie Langston Turner.

I am hoping . . . that I do not get too bored while the girls are away and that I do not hit the naughty foods for comfort.

I am hearing . . . The sounds of silence - it is really quiet her at the moment.

I am creating . . . bad news really - nothing - double sigh. Hold on , I am creating some ideas?

Around the house . . . Cat strolling around looking as bored as me. oh yes and the floors are screaming out for a mop.

One of my favourite things . . . . coffee and chats with friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . Get some photos printed and mounted in my new wall photo frame, a bike ride, go see the movie -‘7 Pound’s, more blogging and hopefully another coffee date.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you -


This was an advertisement for our Post service. I just love the concept of being wrapped in warmth and welcome from personal words others have written.

Be sure to visit The Simple Woman to read more and join in the fun.

P.S. This is my first entry in 'The Simple Woman' and I am really hoping that it will encourage my mind to slow down and appreciate the simple things that are going on around you.

_______________________________

At 10.00 O'clock today I am meeting my new minister for a coffee at a lovely little cafe on the lake. Thing is - I am a little curious as to how it will go. What will the topics of conversation be? How will I respond? Will it be social talk or spiritual talk. If it is social - then what will the topics be? If it is spiritual - then what do I want to reveal. What's that I almost hear you say? You are thinking that I am making a mountain out of a little old coffee date with one of the Officers (the wife - who - in the Salvation Army is rightfully an ordained minster too). Well, maybe I am. Thing is I used to be an Officer. There is a lot wrapped up in this coffee date. Will I be returning to the Salvo's as a signed in soldier? Will I be joining the ranks once again? Do I want to? Do I know what I want yet? Will I make a decision today based on having coffee? Will that even come up? Do I want it to come up? Oh ye of little faith! Yep, that is the mountain in disguise that stands before me. Fear not! By the time I get to the cafe I will be fully in control of my rambling mind and I will breathe in the air and watch the pelicans and ducks perched on the lake and I will have a coffee and I will let the coffee date be just what it is. God willing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, I am back from the 4 hour coffee chat. I looked at that mountain and then I started talking and talking and then some (Wendy managed to talk also). A lot came up. I shared a lot (as did she). I walked home after feeling - spent - and had these uncontrollable thoughts of winding back time and starting the coffee all over - Oh, I think I may have shared a little too much! Why do I have to have everything flip to complicated? I am so over complicated!!!! And why am I telling you all this? Glory only knows? Sigh.

-------------------------------------------------
By the time I return from the lake my house (sorry, home) will be empty. The girls are off to Whyalla (about 450 km's away). Ellisha is doing a summer Uni course and Jenna and two friends (from Christmas dessert) are going along for the trip. Ellisha will be away for two weeks. I am driving up on the weekend to bring Jenna and Rhiannan back. Ellisha is driving my car (more room - way more comfortable) and I will have the pleasure of driving Christan's lawn mower. Thing is, I will miss them. I do not do alone very well. So, please come and visit me.

Later today I am catching up with John and son David to hand over the money for sons car. And that will pretty much clear out my savings. We will talk strict repayment terms. I just love the whole concept of grown up children living independently - if some-one could explain the rules I would be forever indebted ;)

I need to get back to some sensible eating habits - i fear I may have put on a kilo or two of the weight I lost. Which reminds me. On Friday my friend Rose (Le Skinny dipper) and I are hiring bikes and going for a half day ride around the Torrens River. Thing is, Rose has not ridden a bike in like 20 years and I am just going to flat out refuse to let my knee dictate what I can and can not do. I am a bike rider - here me roar (or cry in pain afterwards ;)).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved visiting your daybook - thanks for sharing it. That postal service advert is very clever. Hope your bike ride goes well this week.

Best wishes,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Yorkshire parkin is different to Yorkshire pudding - it's a sort of sticky ginger cake with oatmeal in it. Apparently it's traditional for Bonfire Night (5th November). Yorkshire pudding is scrumptious - sorry yours didn't turn out too well. Sometimes it depends on the oven - my mum's oven door doesn't shut quite tight enough and they never rise properly. The oven needs to be really hot and you can't open the door until they've gone crispy on the top. A bit fiddly but well worth it, in my opinion. I once ate 11 (small individual ones) in one meal - not at all good for me but very yummy.

Jo

LadyT said...

Hi Mary;

I enjoyed my visit here reading your daybook entry. Love the photo ad for your Post service! Hope your bike ride goes well. Thanks for stopping by my site. Have a great week ahead.

Shaz said...

Just dropping by from The Simple Woman's Daybook. Great that you have joined and posted your first daybook entry.

Have a great week and enjoy the movie and hope you get to go on another coffee date. Enjoy taking some time out for yourself.

Crystal said...

I'm glad you decided to join in on the daybooks! It's a quiet grateful start to every week, I find.

Hope you find lots to do and relax a ton while the girls are away. And savings - what on earth are those?!!! Even when the kids grow up and go away, they still need our help - and the dollar figures are even bigger! But it's just money! Ha, ha!!

Talk to you soon!