Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's daybook #2

For Today....... January 12th,2009

Outside My Window . . I see the ants marching in what can only be described as a precise and determined manner as they try and get inside my home to (I assume) enjoy the air-conditioner (36 degrees Celsius outside)

I am thinking . . . summer heat may be late - but - it is on its way with a vengeance.

I am thankful that . . . . the air conditioner got fixed, my electricity bill from last quarter is paid and my recent bike riding adventure did not leave me crippled. Oh yes, and that my friend Linds is SO going to get some good news from the medics in Bath.

From the kitchen ........an interesting soup I am making using left over veggies (carrots, zucchini, onion, broad beans, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, tomatoes, leek, squash and - lean bacon bits?

I am wearing . . . Knee length shorts and cotton top (with sleeves cut off) that are for indoor wear only - trust me!

I am creating . . . lots and lots of photo frames to fill my bare walls (hallway)

I am going.... to dive into the fridge any minute now and grab an icy- cold glass of Pepsi Max.

I am reading . . . ‘In the Grip of Grace’, by Max Lucado.

I am hoping . . . that the phone rings in the next week or two with a teaching contract for 2009.

I am hearing . . . Sundays message replaying in my head (based on Romans 11:36 & 12:1) “What do we place in the position of glory - what do you give glory to - what do you make sacrifices for?”

Around the house . . . youngest daughter and friend have bunked down under the air conditioner and our watching a chick flick. Son who popped in to use the computer has just left for work. The cat has sneaked into my room and is leaving her hair all over my bed (I’m allergic) and I

One of my favourite things . . . . That first night you get to pull up the covers in bed after a long spell of tossing and turning with the heat - unbelievably good!

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . continue decorating my lounge room and dining room with what ever takes my fancy, scrapbooking (that’s right Crystal, I’m getting all crafty minded), sorting out ‘Twitter’, doctors appointment, coffee with friends (if you’re free - give me a call).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you -

I took a drive to Whyalla and found this pretty little beach cove. In amongst the rocks we found this Port Jackson shark Egg. Here in SA we have had two shark attacks this week - they are coming in very close to the ares that people swim.


P.S I have tasted the soup - delicious!

6 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

I really enjoyed your daybook, there is nothing as good as air conditioning and it sounds like you really need it down there. By the way do you think you could send some of the heat our way?, we are yet to experience summer on the east coast!!
Have a great week
God Bless,
Nanna K

Aliadelaide said...

Hey Mary my boys would really like to see that shark egg

Margaret Cloud said...

I didn't know that sharks laid eggs, I thought the baby was born from the mom shark. Very nice post and I wish we had some heat here, we are under a winter advisory, a cold current is coming down from Canada.

Linds said...

I love the simple woman daybook entries. I keep meaning to start too. It is such a wonderful way to get a glimpse into our lives! I could also do with some heat. Especially as I am WEARING A SKIRT. And freezing.

JulieMom said...

You have taught me something today! I never heard of a shark that laid eggs before, not to mention really weird looking eggs.

So the kids and I looked it up and found ourselves SO INTERESTED!

Oh, stop by my place and check out the fact you've been tagged! (Well, the post won't show up until tomorrow, so go tomorrow.)

Crystal said...

Oh, yeah - you are scrapbooking!!!!! I hope you enjoy every minute of it and share what you create. I love seeing what others do - it's all about your stories and your photos (not comparing with others - do I sound like a teacher?!)

You are totally opposite us in temperature these days. I hope the phone call comes soon. Take care!