Thursday, January 8, 2009

An unfortunate event

A rather funny, unfortunate, slightly embarrassing thing happened to me yesterday. And it goes something like this... (I'll give you the full Monty).

I was a little bored (as I thought I might be) so I decided I might just go to the shops after all and spend some of my depleted money store. I had a lovely time buying this and that - which I was hoping would all make sense sooner or later. The items were mainly knick knacks for around the house - I am going through a phase - don't ask!. Inside my trolley (besides the little knick knacks) was a canvas painting I had picked up for a song and a dance - thing was, it was a little too big to sit square in the trolley, so I needed to keep a hand on it - just to keep it from banging up against the sides - damage control, you understand. Shopping done, I grabbed a coffee to go and pushed the trolley outside - now you have to understand that the trolley would not steer straight to begin with...... I had one hand on the picture frame and I was holding a cup of hot coffee - and I had to get the trolley down a slope... see my problem? Nah! That part was not embarrassing, or unfortunate - but it was a little funny. The unfortunate and embarrassing part comes next.

So, there I was, for all intents and purposes, looking like I was managing to maneuver my way back to the car when two, no make that three, things happened.

First my shorts start slipping down at an alarmingly fast rate. Next, my bladder decided then and there it was carrying its own heavy load and - well .... (Let's just say I started looking like Bambi on ice without the ice). Did I let go of the coffee cup to give myself a free hand? No way! My best plan, so I thought, was to somehow jiggle my way to my car as fast and un-embarrassingly as I could ever hope for (under these particular circumstances). I darted here, I darted there. I looked and looked and looked for my car. I was getting desperate - the old bladder was about to erupt. (Being a modest person n all I had managed to hitch my shorts back to a semi-respectable position. I use the word semi, reluctantly). I hope you understand that I am talking FULL bladder here!

Where, oh where was my car?

By now I am desperate.... desperate.

Have you figured it out yet (based on my last post)?

You got it! My car was in Whyalla (many km's away). I had Christan's lawn mower!!!!!

The story has a reasonable ending - accept - that one minute before I left the shopping complex I bumped into a student from last year - I just hope they went back to their own business.

I found the car, eventually remembered how to unlock it, unloaded the trolley, got in car and drove away - all without having to put my coffee cup down.

Now, how I got into the house and to the loo before peeing my pants is a another story.

I lead a charmed life.

Oh yes, as a slight justification on the shorts dropping part - I have lost another Kilo (I know - amazing - I so thought I had put on - cause I have been naughty). 12 kilo down - 12 to go. You go girl!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

You are too funny!!! I have a vision - I will say no more!!

Looking forward to your post on crafting and creating! It's really not that hard - I think you could sew things, especially when they are just straight seams :))

Linds said...

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa! I can just see you! Hysterical! We need photos of the new stuff, you know. Painting and all. MSN not working at the mo. Son will fix. The one who is still in bed at 1pm. Sigh. Students have a great life!

Aliadelaide said...

You tell a great story Mary but the actual event sounds rather traumatic to me... so you have my post event sympathy.(lets just say having had seven kids such events are definitely within the bounds of possibility here too!...still supposed to be good to laugh at one self...and second Linds comment about the pics

Aliadelaide said...

Oh and about the weight loss...you wouldn't believe how good this girl is looking these days!