Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My talents astound me!

There are a quite a few things I can do really well. There are a quite a few things that I can do reasonably well and then there are quite a few more things that - to be honest - I could certainly improve on.

What this? You don't believe me? You want proof?

Ok!

Let's take my recent attempt at making Yorkshire pudding for the first time.

Perfect, right? Hmmmmm!

And then there is my rather pathetic attempt at Scrapbooking.

This little masterpiece took me forever. I really thought (at the time) that I was onto something magical. These photos are from a road trip I took down the Great Ocean Road from Adelaide to Melbourne. I was especially proud of the little pop-up title I made.

I could show you my dress making skills or my curtain making skills - and you've already seen the magnificent Christmas Ice-Cream cake fiasco - but - that's all in the past.

I have decided that 2009 is going to be the year that I master two things that I have done poorly at in previous efforts - and one of them is not Yorkshire Pud's.

Scrapbooking and quilting are my chosen projects. I have actually tried quilting once before - but this lovely old lady who ran the sessions suggested I try Batiking.

This time however I've got my friend (Le skinny dipper / Le bike rider) on board.

There is no stopping us.

Stay tuned friends - a miracle or two is on its way.

3 comments:

Linds said...

I am expecting documented photos of all the stages of the quilt, Mary! You are going to have great fun. Forget the yorkshire puds. Mine set the oven on fire. 29 years ago. I am still recovering. Never made them since.

Judith said...

Well Hi, Mary, I admire your gusto
and spunk about learning these things. With Linds and your other friend guiding you through it, you'll have beautiful quilts and history laden scrapbooks all over the place. I haven't tried either, would much rather make things with words. I'll be waiting to see your first efforts. And a big P.S., I am praying a teaching contract appears for you soon.

Crystal said...

Yeah - you started!!!! It's a great first start - we all have to start somewhere :)) There are lots of scrapbooking blogs and inspiration boards so let me know if you want some online inspiration. Seriously - it's all about your story and your memories and there is no one judging or criticizing. Just go and do it and enjoy the memories and the process. ((( HUGS )))