Monday, January 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook #3

For Today....... January 20th, 2009

Outside My Window

I’ll just go and have a peek (the venetian blinds are closed to keep the heat out). Hmmmm - not a soul in sight (they must all be inside under the air-conditioner).

I am thinking

If at first you don’t succeed....try, try again. (I’m referring to my quilting here).

and

Happy Birthday son.

I am thankful that .

I have a place I call home and a family and I’ve had a meal and I have a bed to sleep on - and I know things are tough (and will get tougher) - but - He is in control - and compared to many - I am rich and truly blessed.

From the kitchen

I bought this slow cooker - and - well - I am cooking everything in it - I mean everything. Having too much fun with it.

I am wearing

Blue and white board shorts (very me ;)) and a singlet top (tuck shop arms and all - it’s hot-ok?)

I am creating

My first quilt - well at least I am giving it a go (learner plates on).

I am going

Out to tea to celebrate my son's 22nd birthday (today)

and

To the cinemas (sometime this week) to watch ‘Doubt’ (Meryl Streep).

I am reading

The Salvation Army Song Book - I had forgotten what beautiful words are written in some of these good old songs - what a blessing.

I am hoping

That my son finds a producer for his film - real soon.

I am hearing

A frog which has gotten itself parked in the drain across the street - the croak, croak, croaking sound is amplified x1 billion (his favourite croak time is 2 am- true).

Around the house

Where is everyone? A little too quiet - except for the frog and the rather annoying buzz, buzz buzzing sound of that mozzie - who really needs to move on or pay the price - I show no mercy.

One of my favourite things

Singing (or should I say belting it out) with Barbara Streisand. Having said that - she has been placed on the backseat while Meryl and I go our hardest with - ‘The winner takes it all’.

A few plans for the rest of the week

More quilting, movies, a few more nails in the wall to hang some picture frames recently acquired (very groovy), a visit with a friend or two and hopefully accepting a teaching contract (staying positive).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you

This is a picture of my son, David (during his 'cool' phase).

To take a peek at more Daybook entries why not pop over to our host Peggy's blog at
The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Maybe you would like to join in.

3 comments:

Linds said...

I love this one. Hysterical. i can hear you speaking all through it. And that quilt will be finished, believe me. And I love the Winner takes it all too. A trio with Meryl maybe??

Crystal said...

Great entry. I like your sense of humour :)) I hope the quilting goes well and that the contract materializes. Do you have any offers?

Thank you for the compliments on my pictures! No - only in my dreams have I been a pro photographer!! I would like to do something with it but for now it's purely enjoyment. I think my sister / my daughter and I would make good teams for weddings but there's something called 'taking the plunge' first.

Kym-Anne said...

Great daybook,awsome photo of your son. Hope you get that teaching contract!
Have a great week