Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stage 1 of my quilting & I have been tagged - yeah!

The quilting adventure begins

So, I have actually started my quilting - I know - go figure!

Firstly, I need to thank Linds for the fantastic tutorial. Secondly, I need to thank my daughter Jenna for not laughing too loudly as I armed myself with some pretty wild fabric selections. Who knew there were so many patterns and colors to choose from? I was exhausted after just one table.

My favourite colour is blue. My next favourite colour would be blue - followed closely by..... blue.

Look at thefabrics I chose and tell me what you notice.

Wild heh?

So not my normal pick. But I am so happy with these fabrics. They are funky and vibrant and any minute now I am going to figure out my next move.

Stay tuned my friends - you are not going to want to miss this adventure.

--------------------------------------------
I've been tagged

Jules over at Juliemom has tagged me. Yeah, a tag! I am more than happy to respond. Thanks Jules.

Here are the rules: (NO cheating!!)

1. Under your pictures - go to the fourth folder down.
2. Find the fourth picture-no exceptions!
3. Post it- and tell about it.
4. Tag four more people.


This was a bit tricky cause I haven't got all my pictures in any particular folder. So, what I did (to try and keep it as authentic as possible) was I went to my blogging folder and chose the fourth row and the fourth picture in that row.

This is a picture of my son David on his father's shoulders.


I was not the least bit surprised when this picture came up,. It so happens that I have been thinking of this picture lately - it creates a wonderful image for me as I reflect on that beautiful stirring song (which has been on my mind again(a lot) lately) -

You Lift Me Up

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up… To more than I can be.

There is no life – no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up… To more than I can be.

And now I would like to invite anyone else who would like to share their photo to join in the fun (I know that it says to tag 4 other people - but I kind of get about that many friends pop over - so, if you are reading this - you are tagged - please feel free to join in).

4 comments:

Linds said...

Brilliant! These are happy colours, and you are going to love the quilt, which you WILL finish! I can't wait to see the first stage done.

Butterfly Mama said...

That is a beautiful photo! And your quilt fabric is fabulous and fun! Can't wait to see your progress!

Hugs,
Heidi

Crystal said...

OH, I love bright colors too. It's going to be so pretty - cheerful and creative. Those are the buzzwords on a photography site I saw yesterday.

I must go and ask Linds for the quilting tutorial. I just preshrunk some squares I bought at a quilt shop while I was in the States this summer and I want to start sewing it together.

I'm looking forward to sharing the creative journey with you this year!

Kym-Anne said...

Great choice on the fabrics,they look great. I can't wait to see the first blocks finished.
Have fun!
Thanks for dropping by,
Nanna K