Monday, December 1, 2008

A bit of this, that and the other!

Hi guys, thanks for dropping by.

Thought I might bring you up to speed with a few things that are happening my way at the moment.

1. The update on my weight loss is that I have SUCCESSFULLY shed 8 Kilograms so far. For those who work in pounds that would be approx 17.636 pounds. I am feeling good. My jeans which I bought and had to leave hanging in my wardrobe cause they had the potential of giving me a hernia if worn, now slip down a tad (belt time!). So, my plan to be back to the weight I was last Christmas is on schedule. 6 kilos to go - in four weeks - I can do it!!!!!

2. My eldest has just gotten her first car. It came her way by means of a very generous man who got it for his daughter. His daughter would not be seen dead driving it, so he offered it to Ellisha. What a blessing - well mostly anyway. Even though Ellisha has been driving my car for a year now it is kind of unnerving knowing she has her own. I mean I know my car. I know she knows that if she damaged my car I would not be happy. I know she knows that I want her to be safe first and foremost. I just hope that having her own car doesn't mean that she is never home now. Let's face it, when she was borrowing my car I knew she would only be out and about for a certain time. I know, I know, a little neurotic of me - still I am new at this letting go of the child/adult/child thing. (must say she is a responsible person - so I should not worry too much!!!)

3. I had a lovely time with God at Church on Sunday. I really felt His presence while singing His praises. Hallelujah.

4. My students have their end of year concert tomorrow. My son(David) and I have been teaching them the drums. I have hired a gorilla suit and one of the students is re-enacting the Cadbury commercial (In the air tonight). The other students are doing various percussion sets. Today was the dress rehearsal - they were shocking!!! No good denying it - they were SHOCKING. So, we went back to class and had a little discussion (kind way of saying - straight shooting talk). I reminded them that they were talented and that they had done a great job to learn the pieces and that they should feel proud of themselves and why not go out there and have a blast and..... So, we went and had another rehearsal. I rang David and asked him to come in to school (he was free so he did - bless him). The students rose to the occassion and were much MUCH better. It's up to them now. Tomorrow they need to BRING IT!!!!!

5. I have just finished writing the school reports - I am getting really good at creative comments.

6. Did I mention that I had a great time with God on sunday? I am fairly confident that some of you readers are doing some praying. And I thank you.

7. I am reading Max Lucado - 'Facing your Giants.' His focus is on the life of David as both a shepherd boy facing a giant and an adult - being a giant. I must admit to finding it a little tougher to get through than 'Traveling Light'. Discovering your Giants is clearly introspective and I think I have naval gazed a little too much lately.

8. I went to the doctors today to have my meds reviewed. My doctor was not there so I saw his replacement. He was Indian and I could not understand a word he said. I think he said my blood pressure was very good. Can I say he had a very interesting way of taking my BP. Seeing I have my own blood pressure monitor at home this was hardly a revelation. What I wanted to know was if I should reduce my meds - It was very high so they put me on triple meds and now it is low? My doc will be back in a week.

Well that is a bit of what is happening around here.

Did I mention I had a great time with God on sunday?

2 comments:

Linds said...

8KGS!!!!!!! You star!And I love the list. Did you happen to mention that God showed up on Sunday perhaps?

PS msn will not open at the moment.

Crystal said...

Congratulations to you for all that hard work - you must look stunning!!

Our Bible study group watched a movie a few weeks ago call "Facing the Giants" It was about a football team and their coach and the message was awesome. It was about trusting God in all things - I think you might enjoy it, if you can find it.

Glad to hear your students came through at the concert!!