Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas lights

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday the thunder storms, grey clouds, stillness. Today the sun is a blazing yellow. There is a yellow / orange -ish glow coming through my fly screen. The doors and windows are wide open (and it is only 6am). The little birds are cheeping away. I am breathing in this goodness.

And at the same time breathing in some calming peace. Today is graduation day for my students moving on to high school. My fellow yr 7 teacher is a control freak (and a bit of a bully) so I really don't know what is happening - except I am to be there and I am to read her mind and I am to somehow make sure my kids get to feel it is there graduation. No mean task - I can tekll you. It will be a long day. The graduation is in the evening - we stay all day and then all evening. Still, I will be thankful (it will become real soon) and I will take some of this morning glow into the rest of my day.



And then there is this clip from You tube. Hope you enjoy.









Getting in the swing of it from my computer chair ;)

2 comments:

Aliadelaide said...

Great Mary! Thinking of you and your graduation today.

Judith said...

Mary, Am sure you did well with graduation day, and what a fertile field, though it wasn't easy, for you to deal with the ones you mentioned. They need to learn to treat people better. I have no doubt that you absolutely bowled them over, so don't let them steal your thunder.