Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It is raining outside

When I went to bed last night (slightly overdressed in my flanny Pj's) I had to kick the sheet off to get comfortable (a bit of a warm night).

Slept soundly.

Woke this morning with the covers tucked up near my chin and the rumbling sounds of distance thunder in my ears.

Unlike the last time I woke to the sounds of thunder - this time I was thrilled to bits.

How cosy.

Ok, the alarm interrupted my snuggle in to the doona moment.

But I ignored it!

The sky is grey. Not the tiniest bit of blue sky around. The rain is coming down. Certainly not in buckets - just that nice pitter patter kind.

The cup of tea is in hand and I am SO wanting to just sit here and take in this atmosphere.

Trust me - when you live in the driest State (as I do) then rain makes everything GLOW.

The bricks are redder. The grass suddenly gets a greenish colour. The earth smells like -ok, that part is not so pleasant!

Excuse me a minute - the rain is pelting at the moment - must go and take a look. Really this is an opportunity to give thanks - yes indeed.

I am grateful that the dark grey skies are comforting me and not stirring up darker moods.

The students will have to stay in the classroom today - rain - no play policy - crazy! Still, with only three days to go before Summer break - I am sure we will do just fine.

I am looking at the clock and I realize I had better get my skates on if I am to get dressed and be ready for school (in time).

Oh what a pity!

Just a few things of update.
1. I had my hair coloured yesterday - auburn/brown with caramel highlights.
2. I have 300g to go and I have lost 10kg.
3. Ellisha's basketball team won the grand final - and she got fairest and best from the association.
4. It has been confirmed - by son - that we are having fish for Christmas (I will cook a turkey as well).


Thinking of you all (well not all - but definitely my drop in people).

With 10 min to go (before I need to be in car)I have to iron jeans, dry hair, get lunch ready (soup) make bed, clean teeth - what the heck - I'll leave the dishes!!!!

That now makes 9 min so I must run.

Toodles!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Almost 10kg is simply stunning, Mary! Well done! And I loved reading this post - I know you are goign to have a great day. Photos of the new hair colour - excuse me, where are they? And ps, I have unbelievable earache. I will be at the doc tomorrow at dawn.

Aliadelaide said...

Yes that rain was fabulous wasn't it...to wake to the pattering of water on roof...bliss!

JulieMom said...

It rained here recently too- with hail and everything! I was so excited too. I love it when it rains in summer.

And yes, I want photos of the new 'do too.