Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New chapter - day one

I am not one for finishing work and then relaxing and enjoying the freedom of not going to work. No siree. First day of the new chapter (loosely translated - first day as unemployed) I opened the carport doors - starred at the boxes and boxes and boxes of resources that I had lugged back from school (I so thought I had only taken the bare essentials - wrong!).

I shut the door - made my self a cuppa - drifted around blog land for awhile - and then, armed with a determination that could possibly bring about world peace, I re-opened the carport and got stuck into it.

One pile was for keeps (but needed to be re-organized into cute - color coded plastic containers.
One pile for the bin (I was ruthless).
One pile to give away to a homeschooling friend.
One pile for a friend whose grandchildren come up to stay and they love playing school (strange - I know).
One pile for the stuff that should go but, as yet, I can't let go!!!

Therapeutic - to say the least.

Then I went armed with my purse to the shopping centre and got the christmas pressies out the way. Must say - not only my presents for others - but also My present from daughter (love surprises) - daughters presents to sister and brother and dad and nanna etc etc etc. "Why not just give me your money and I will do it all next time?", I suggested. The look from daughter said it all (she's in complete denial;))

To finish off my first day of being unemployed I jumped on the scales - after several frothy coffees I was bracing myself for a gain.

Yippee!!!!

11 kgs down. I do not think I will make it to my goal for Christmas - unless I can loose 3.7 kg in 10 days.

What am I talking about? Of course I can!

Must run, I have to get into day two of unemployement by killing myself (this will be the first run I have done in say - oohh - forever!)

Actually the last time I had to run was to catch the train (couldn't afford to miss it). The girls ran on ahead and delayed the train. I wheezed my way to the platform. I looked up as I stepped onto the train - and through blurry, star stuuded eyes I thought I saw tens of mobiles poised ready to dial 000 emergency. This time of course I am carrying less weight - but there is that tricky, damaged knee that can come in handy when I have to stop running for safety reasons.

Must toodles now.

Catch you all soon.

Get a blessing from God today - He's handing them out free.

Love ya all!

4 comments:

Butterfly Mama said...

, it always feels good to me to got through stuff, like it actually makes me lighter!

Many blessings to you!
Heidi

Linds said...

Well, unemployment clearly suits you! Iwant to know if you are still alive after the run, please!

JulieMom said...

I can share with you a high school diet to lose the weight in two days!

Water and X-lax. (It's a diuretic)

But it would kill you quicker than the run. I was being facetious. Please don't try it. I'm not a doctor you know, I just play one in the comments.

Edith said...

Good for you for sorting stuff...that's probably one of the most difficult things for me to do!

Hope the run went well.

Have a blessed day.