Friday, December 12, 2008

End of a chapter -

So, my time at this school has come to a close. It was a lovely last day. The students hugged me (even some of the 'toughies'). The staff where very encouraging and said some incredibly kind and uplifting words.

It is with a truly grateful heart that I close this chapter.

Here are some of the kind words put on cards for me (from staff and parents).


"Mary, You are a fantastic teacher and I thank you for enriching my child's life with your style of teaching. I wish you the very best. How lucky for the children you'll be teaching next year."

"Thank you so very much for being a wonderful teacher to my son - I love you for it. Thanks."

"Mary, I've really enjoyed working with you."

"Dear Mary, you are a card! I'll miss your sense of humor and that soup diet. Great concert item!"

"Thank you so very much. You did an incredible job."

"Keep smiling girl - like the angel you are."

"You have made a huge difference to a group of very needy kids. Thanks for caring!"

"Dear Mary, I can not thank you enough for the last two terms work. Thanks."

"Keep making a difference everywhere you go. Thanks!"

"May the future be full of wonderful surprises - you deserve it!"

And now let the poor say I am rich
let the weak say I am strong
for what the lord has done for me
Give thanks.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Absolutely wonderful words from everyone. You SO deserve this. Now trust, and relax and enjoy some free time!

Judith said...

Mary, What beautiful thoughts those parents gave you. Through all of them I heard how much they appreciate what you gave their children, and I see a big chunk of God's love in all of this.

Linds is right. You deserve some down time now, and much needed rest.

Crystal said...

Lovely thoughts to end the year with, Mary. I know that sometimes we teachers wonder if we are making any impact so it's nice to get it in writing sometimes. Enjoy this lull, this rest period, in your life. Be open to God's leading and be secure in the knowledge that His plan for your life will be completed.

Since I've left my regular job, I have such a sense of peace and gratitude for simple things, the huge gift of time and the freedom from endless paperwork, reports and expectations from others.

And yes, we do function at -35!! Although you can't be outside for very long and you have to have layers and layers of clothes over your whole body, especially your feet, hands and head. It's definitely not my favourite time of the year and I stay inside as much as possible!! If it's below -25, schools generally have inside recess time - much like your rain day, I think.

Happy Holidays! Happy counting down to Christmas!

JulieMom said...

What an incredible Christmas gift! Isn't God good? When we reflect Him in what we do and say, people notice. To God be the glory!