Friday, December 12, 2008

8 hours before I am unemployed.

Give thanks with a grateful heart.... ok!

I am thankful for the job I have had for the past 6 months.
I am thankful for the opportunity of investing a little bit of stability and care (and maybe the odd bit of knowledge - who knows) into the lives of my students.
I am thankful that ALL the year 7 students made it to graduation (close call there for a while).
I am thankful that we will finish the year off with a wonderful / fun day at the aquatics centre.

I am thankful that new opportunities WILL emerge for me next year (added a bit of positive thinking in as well).
I am thankful that leadership acknowledge my hard work and said they would highly recommend me - and would have me back if only the school wasn't down one class next year.
I am thankful that I will be finishing this job with the knowledge that I did my best.

I am not sure how to make this real yet... but

I am thankful that In in 8 hours I will be unemployed - In His hands.

In everything give thanks.

I will admit to feeling a little jittery - but then again - This time last year I was feeling devastated - So for that I am thankful.

1 comment:

Judith said...

First off Mary, congratulations! You obviously did a great job of teaching this year.

I do understand that kind of lost feeling, when the paychecks end. But God didn't get you this far, to stop looking out for your best interest now. If we didn't have a suprise now and then, or a change, life could become boring. So
keep up that grateful stuff, I can see from way over here that it's working,