Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mind games

Someone (in the weather bureau) is trying to mess with my head!

As you very well know I have been resisting the temptation to whine over this extreme weather we have been suffering lately. I have not over whined about the records we are breaking. I have resisted the whine about the students being kept in the classroom (all day - due to the heat). I have even stoically endured (without whine) the fact that my air conditioner has exhaled its last cool breath and all I got from the land Agent was - 'Sorry - join the queue!'.

How have I managed to stay so un-whiny you ask?

Well -

I have been keeping an eye on the weather through the weather bureau and four days ago they said 44 degrees on Friday then a cool-ish change on Saturday. Then two days ago they amended that and said 40 degrees on Friday (they promised - well almost) and low 20's on Sunday.

Today they are saying 43 degrees on Friday and 42 Degrees on Saturday... WHAT?

Why are they messing with my head?

Don't they realize that I have to psych myself up for these hotties.

Don't they realize that I am dying here?

Don't they realize that I do not like to whine?

My dear friends, I will resist the temptation to utter one little complaint.

And here is the reason why.

Well, I just don't trust the weather man, He/she has been known to get it wrong. So, I reckon I will wake up on Friday, saturday at latest, and run outside to play in the snow.

If that doesn't happen - or if that promised 26 degrees on Sunday does not arrive - then watch out - I am going to whine - and whine - and whine - and then some ;) bad!!!!!

Other than that non-whine everything is real good. I'm grooving with the students - and lovin it.

7 comments:

Linds said...

And we have 8 inches of snow. Pity we can't combine the 2 temps and divide by 2.

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh Mary, I do know that hot and scorching is not meant for humans.

How can you keep children in during hot weather?

Judith said...

Mary, I feel almost guilty here in Colorado, USA with our forecast that may get up to a balmy 70 degrees.

As long as you don't overdo it, it just may be that a little whine or two is understood.

(I am agonizing here over whether that should be "are" or "is".)

Margaret Cloud said...

I wouldn't mind some of your heat, today the wind chill is below zero and your face feels frozen when you go out. Mary, I do feel for you, the heat can sap your strength and make a person cranky.

Kym-Anne said...

I checked out the weather channel for you, they are always a credible source LOL!!, they say Sat 41 but Sun-Wed !low 20's!
It's almost over mate, only another 48 hours to go.
Glad to hear school is going well.

Crystal said...

Our heat wave is moving to the east and we'll be back to seasonal temps next week. I hope the weatherman is wrong and you get some relief soon.

Have you got your ticket for Phantom of the Opera? It's fabulous! I saw it with our daughters when they were in high school band and it was the beginning of a love of musical theater. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Therese said...

I think you should come for a visit to Port Augusta. We have it hot but it is a dry heat. It isn't usually humid here so I don't find it too bad. I personally hate the hot weather when it is humid. Can't stand humidity.