Monday, February 23, 2009

The simple woman's daybook #6

For Today.... 23rd February, 2009

Outside My Window

I can see a brand new (well actually - second hand - but as cute as can be) little apple green Daewoo (Matiz) car that has my daughters name on the registration papers and my signature on the bank cheque. Don’t you find it incredible that the minute you have a little money saved someone needs a loan?

I am thinking

I am so glad that I am coming out of the moody blues.

I am thankful that

Some brilliant, constructive, creative, inspiring and collaborative teachers are willing to share their knowledge and creativity through web quests (why invent the wheel - right?)

From the kitchen

I may well have to change careers after this meal. Diced chicken breast sautéed in garlic butter (that’s all I had) with a dash of Smokey BBQ sauce, Dijon mayonnaise (you read right), lemon juice, onion flakes, and sweet chili sauce. Throw in some cherry tomatoes and sweet garden peas - Simmer in pan. Steam up some brown rice - and what do you get? Heaven, that’s what! - Absolutely zing, ping and serve me some more deliciousyumiscious (new word - lock it in).

I am wearing

It’s past tea time so that means PJ time in this house - well for me anyway.

I am creating

I feel so guilty - really, really guilty. Any day now I am going to start the hand stitching on that truly amazing quilt I am putting together (I’m such a slacker).

I am going

I am so excited. Skinny dipping friend and I are planning our next trip. We are going to the Kimberley’s - Glorious!!!!!

I am reading

The T.V guide - sad, but true!

I am hoping

To one day save enough money to start one big coffee crawl and visit all my blogging friends around the world.

I am hearing

I actually just snorted - honest! That’s the sound I just heard. I mean - nothing funny happened - I just spontaneously snorted - just then - I know - too weird!

Around the house

My daughter (youngest) is hiding - possibly hoping I won’t realise she is home and therefore available to wash the tea dishes. Well. I’ve got news for her!

One of my favourite things

Taking that first deep breathe when you step outside in the morning (rain, hail or shine).

A few plans for the rest of the week.

Work, rest and play

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you


Here she is - my new car. I mean Ellisha's new car!!!!


Why not pop over to A Simple Woman's Daybook to read more posts.

3 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

Hmmm...dinner sounds delicious.
the Kimberly sounds like fun to me, just check for resident crocs before skinny dipping LOL!!!
I'm a bit terrified of the Dear Jane quilt but I love a challenge, I've never hand pieced blocks before so I'm sure it's going to get interesting.
Love the car, is Ellisha going to let you take it for a spin?

Linds said...

I am smiling at the coffee crawl idea!

Crystal said...

Please put me on your map so you can come and stay here for a good long time :)) Your supper sounds delish and the new car is very nice. I hope you get to ride in it occasionally. It sounds like the Bank of Mom is well and alive in your part of the world too. I hope your week is a happy one!