Monday, February 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook #5


For Today.... 3rd February, 2009


Outside My Window

Believe it or not - I can see the tree in the backyard swaying ever so slightly. There is a bit of a breeze trying to happen (I am almost beside myself with excitement).


I am thinking

I really do think I am going to be an incredible 51 year old.It’s actually just dawned on me that I am doing 50 fabulously!


I am thankful that

The waiting list for my air conditioner to be fixed is only a week. And I am not being sarcastic here - a week is pretty good seeing as half of Adelaide’s Air cons have broken down.


From the kitchen

The tastiest fried rice on planet earth (bought from an Asian deli). Honey mustard chicken (sauce straight out of a jar) and (shhhh - one hot cross bun which I am hiding from Jenna).


I am wearing

I have to tell you about these fabulous jammie pants I bought today. Smooth, cool, soft, heavenly and very very FUNKY! I am so into jammies at the moment -have been for quite awhile actually.


I am creating

Linds said I didn’t have to hand stitch my quilt until the temp dropped to 36 degrees. It looks like I will be stitching away on Sunday

(one day opportunity).


I am going

(I hope) to see ‘Phantom of the Opera’

(just as soon as I get a ticket).


I am reading

All you Inspirational Bloggers are about it at the moment.


I am hoping

That Ellisha’s car can get fixed ASAP!


I am hearing

‘Meow.... Meow.... Meow....’ (and then there's nails down the blackboard).

I think the cat might be hungry.


Around the house

Two words - creepy crawlies!


One of my favourite things

Just at this moment I am very fond of insect spray.That and -

I could really go a Lindt chocolate right now ;)


A few plans for the rest of the week.

Continue to build positive relationships with my students - top priority.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you


Aliens - right?

They have invaded in their tens, hundreds, thousands, millions even!

Does anyone know what they are - besides horrid?


I can't lie - they are not in their millions - thanks to Baygon ;)



Go check out some more posts at....

A Simple Woman's Daybook


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rather think they are crickets, and are supposed to bring good luck. Should you be Baygonning them?

Kym-Anne said...

AGH!! They are ugly, I asked David what this horrible little critter might be and he too said it looks like a cricket.
Great daybook, I haven't done mine for 2 weeks now, I REALLY need to get organized!

Mary said...

Well Anonymous - it's like this - I either kill them with a squirt of Baygone or clobber them with a horse show!

They are going down!!!! Sorry, but I do not go for any silly superstition.

Mary said...

Hmmmm - that would be a horse shoe. Although?