Sunday, February 22, 2009

I talked and talked and talked some more.

Today was exactly the kind of day I needed.

I drove up the hills to spend some time with my skinny dipping / bike riding/adventure seeking friend.

We talked.

And talked.

Well actually, she let me talk and talk..... and then some.

I got a lot off my chest. I got a lot off my mind.

I was pretty wound up.

I think I may have used a swear word or two (I know - disappointing really. Please don't judge me too harshly).

We sat and talked and drank coffee and reminisced and then bravely duck dived right into the obstacle course of my minds thinking. In brief - we sorted out some of the problems of my world - for now at least!

My friend -

She can drive me absolutely stark raving mad at times.

We are a complicated pair.

But I love her to bits.

Today we sat and talked and talked and talked.

And we sorted out a lot of stuff - my stuff really.

You see -

I was going to close off my blog (many reasons - blah, blah, blah).

She advised against it.

She is a smart person who is probably closer to knowing me than anyone else I know.

I haven't been able to post freely these last few weeks. I have been stuck. I have been consumed with a restlessness, a sense of inadequacy. Two words ( fraud and pretense) have been whirling around my crammed head.

Today was just the kind of day I needed.

Thank God I had coffee with my friend who let me talk and talk and talk....

I talked myself out of my near miss - pity party.

It was a good day!

6 comments:

Linds said...

Great you saw your friend, and great you talked and talked. Sometimes, hearing the words out loud makes a huge difference, and please don't stop blogging. But in the end, it has to be because you want to blog, Mary, not because we say so. You have so much to share and so much to say and we love reading what you write, so mumble at times, post nothing at others, and say what you want to say. Then it is not a chore.

Messenger has been rightly royally stuffed up by moi at the moment. I can't get sound on it to see and hear the babe, so my family and I have tried uninstalling, installing, tweaking twisting and heaven knows what else to just get it to work, and now the whole ***** thing works once and then dies. So I will keep trying to say hi.Or I may well take an axe to the whole thing and disappear.

Rosaria Williams said...

Mary,

I was worried about you. You just started a new job, with the heat and the problems of the heat, jumping right in with so much enthusiasm and love. I'm sure it is sucking all the air you have. I'm sure it is taking up all your energy. So, if you must slow down in other areasm, so be it.

We love hearing from you, and have missed you.

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you decided not to close the blog!!! I would miss you so much. I hope you can sort it out and feel right about posting again. Take your time and do what is best for you. And yeah for good friends who listen (and listen and listen!) and know us better than we know ourselves sometimes. I too am blessed that way. ((( HUGS )))

Kym-Anne said...

Isn't it great to have a good long talk with a great friend. To speak openly about how your feeling and most of all to have someone listen.
Please don't stop blogging, I love reading your posts and your writtings are so witty and heartfelt I really look forward to seeing what you have to say.You are neither inadequate,fraudulant or pretencious (all these big words,hows my spelling!!)
I think your great!

Therese said...

I've only just found you but love reading this blog so much. I am glad you are not closing off you blog.

Edith said...

So glad you were able to talk stuff out - I know it always helps me. I'm also glad you aren't closing the blog - I enjoy your words.

Have a blessed day.