Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just a little dizziness

Woke up this morning - nothing new or exciting about that seeing as I wake up almost every morning (can't remember the last time I woke and it was past noon). So, I woke up and felt just dandy. It would appear that I really don't require a lot of sleep. The night before I was chit chatting to a friend until - well let's say late - past midnight. I was having a great time - probably would have kept that lovely lady chatting for ever and ever had she not booted me off line.

But I digress! So, I chatted till late (midnight) then I did the dishes and then I went and had a little debate with Max and before you know it - it was 2am. Wide awake and feeling like I still had things I needed to get off my chest or heart I had a little informal share time with God. I say informal because I was struggling to stay completely focused on the topic/s. I am so grateful that God knows and speaks many languages - cause by the time I was done I was ranting complete gibberish.

So, about 3'ish I turned off the light, checked that the alarm was set for 6am, and immediately landed in snooze land.

Woke up this morning feeling just dandy. I even beat the alarm - true.

I rolled out of bed and started to make my way to the door. It was then that I realised something was not quite right. Firstly the door would not keep still. I walked straight into the edge of the bed and then jammed my shoulder on the door frame. It was as I was moving into the passageway I noticed our delusional cat doing that horrible regurgitation dance. I tried to bend down to scoop her up hoping to get her to the yard before the contents (hairball) was projected onto the floor. I swear I had her in my sights - but when I got to floor level I was out by a mile.



I have a complete new empathy for anyone who suffers from balance issues - or drunks even for that matter.

I could not wak a straight line. I tried talking myself into it but to no avail. The best I could manage was a pretty pathetic rendition of the vienna waltz as I swooped and swooned my way to the kitchen.

I managed to steady myself up and the dizziness passed. So, forgetting where I was up to in my morning routine I grabbed the clothes out of the machine (I had pre set it to wash during my sleep) and attempted to walk through the side door to the clothes line. I have the bruises to prove my pathetic attempts. One minute the door was there and so I proceeded to walk through it. Next thing you know it was a little to the left, then a little to the right.

I gave up and staggered to the kitchen, put the kettle on, and against better judegemnt, made myself a cup of tea (I wish I could describe adequately the whole pouring of boiling water into a cup that was on some sort of moving shelf).

So, with a lot of skill and a little paranoia (I was just beginning to feel a little apprehensive in case it was the old blood pressure) I sipped away at the cuppa. I plonked myself on the couch and waited for the waltz to conclude.

It was then, from my bedroom, (which was all the way back down the passageT that I heard the alarm go off. I am really proud of how I was able to negotiate my way around the precious cats deposit of fur ball (and various other contents).

By the time I got to my bedroom it made perfect sense to plonk back down on the bed.

The crazy sensation passed and I managed to get ready for school (on time).

I shared my wonderful experience with the principal - maybe hoping that she would say go home. Alas, all I got was her version of her own dizzy spell several years ago!!!!

What a morning!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Judith said...

Hey Mary, I sure hope you're feeling better by now. Do you know anybody close by who could check your blood pressure? It might be important to know how it is. While I read your post about this after midnight dance you did, all I could think was Lord, don't let Mary trip on the cat!!!

Please post again soon, so we know how you are.