Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm well thanks

I raced home from work and dived onto the computer to check if anyone had been on my site. Unfortunately two people had. I say unfortunately because I was going to delete the stupid picture. Oh well!

Pleasant evening here in our home. Jenna just walked through the door - I am fairly sure she was cursing (maybe a swear word even passed her lips). She is not a happy camper!!!! What is she so cross about? Well, you see when we went to Sydney she passed me her PSP and it slipped through my hands and broke. She was not happy then, trust me. If that plane had windows that opened - I was a gonna!!! Anyway I rang the insurance and put in a claim. Took them for ever to get her a new one. However, she was a little happier because they gave her the upgraded version.

So, why the cussing and cursing now? Oops, she dropped the PSP!!!!! Meltdown. Where can I hide? Dare I ring the insurance again? I am nervous - I have this feeling I will utter the wrong words to my precious.

What? Could it be?

She is out of the room. Yes, she is Ok! All is well! The world can keep turning!!!

Oh thank you Lord - The Sony PSP is not broken.

Now as for the son. Well he bought a car. He bought a car in spite of both parents advising him to be cautious, careful, have it checked etc etc. He bought a car knowing best. It was a lemon!!! Seized up two days after. Took it back to previous owner (happens to own a wreckers - very sus!!!). Four weeks later after a whole lot of mucking around, lies, etc etc he got the car back (not before A Current Affairs rang them and suggested they were coming for a visit). Three weeks later car seized up again. Son would like to be rescued. Wants to float a loan to get the car fixed - STAT. Thing is he owes his father like $900 for the last fix. Whoa! I say. I think you need to take some responsibility here, son. Pay back your dad and then we will talk about another loan. Meantime catch a bus like thousands of other workers.

Am I his favorite mother right now? I think not!!!!!

Eldest daughter has got her self some work where her friends dad works. Deal breaker is she now has to sleep over at her friends every night cause she has no transport and she starts at 6am - the friend is also doing it. I am not happy (as it is) with all the time she spends there. "Well!" she whined, " if you loaned me some money to get a car I wouldn't need to be reliant on your car and its availability!". What?

Clearly they need to be reminded of the traumatic births each of them put me through :) That and the fact I am not a bleedin bank!!!!!

I'm well thanks!
__________________________________________

Phew! Got back here before anyone came and read. I just wanted to be sure you understood that I love my kids very much. Excellent. I am very proud of them. Excellent. Oh yes, I also wanted you to know that their births were really, really traumatic!!! They owe me BIG time ;)

Well that's that then.

Felt a bit tired after work today so I am in my Pj's - must go and quickly drag in the bins - hoping neighbours are bust cooking their tea (It's ok Linds, I have fastened the waist band nice and tight).

4 comments:

Linds said...

Really glad to hear the PJs were fastened really tight. It could be from the weight you have lost, you know. You may need smaller ones! Shops! Yes!
Don't worry re the kids. They are all the same and a little dose of reality never harmed anyone!

Judith said...

Mary, Linds is absolutely right about the kids. The way you can be sure of this is how long and how loudly they protest not getting what they want. I promise you it's the things the hardest to stand firm about with them, that they eventually thank you for.

Now excuse me, for I need to remind a child of mine it took thirty hours of hard labor, and I was only given ether, which makes hair fall out (it really does that) to get her into this world.

Crystal said...

Ah, yes - the joys of helping one's children become independent!

Congrats on the new look!! I can tell that you have been avoiding all pies with whipped cream :)) I need to get on this program. DS's wedding is in 4 months and the mother of the bride is a tiny little thing. What's your secret to success??

JulieMom said...

Ha! Sorry, it's not funny. Well it is, but only because it's not me!

I can guarantee you are doing the right thing by keeping your money in your OWN pockets. Sometimes a HUGE dose of reality is good for young'ins.

:0)