Saturday, September 27, 2008

Missing person

I was cleaning out one of my drawers today when I came across this photo.



It got me thinking... where is this person? What happened to her? I miss her!


On my search I came across this tag. A hint maybe to what she has become...


Look a little closer... there's a clue






So, she's ten years older, has way more grey hair, wears glasses 24/7 and is forced to wear stretch jeans that flattens the stomach, lifts the buttocks and contours the hips (and really should not be wearing jeans at all ).

Well I guess that's what happens when you put on 25 kilogtams.

Excuses?

Let's see -
End of 22 year marriage
Fall down a mountain side and damage your cartlidge
Develop hypertension after surgery
get stabbed in the back by a work colleague
Betrayed
Unemployed
Anxiety / Depression
Boredom / loneliness
Medication
blah, blah, blah....

I know

you don't have to tell me

excuses!

Still,

today

I miss me.

6 comments:

Linds said...

Hey, you are still there - and I have got to see parts of you right here and we like what we see.

Did I mention that those toads weighed me with MY BRACE on??????? You do not want to know. I nearly passed out. So I just ate chocolate brownie as i wrote that. The new me is squishy on the outside, but the inside is still ok. And maybe we can get a joblot on those lift, hoist and hold in thingys. Or get a corset like Scarlet O Hara..... hohohohohhahahahaheeheeheehee...

Linds said...

And I did not mean in ANY way to minimise the pain the past few years have brought you, my friend. Just wanted to say you have a friend, and I like who I have seen.

Judith said...

I hope it helps when someone you don't know very well tells you I
so relate to your list of reasons,
except I haven't fallen down a mountain yet.

Now about that weight thing; When I was young I thought 140 pounds was too much fat, but now would love getting down to that.

Hope you're having a good day there. Mostly just wanted to say Hi.

Edith said...

Hang in there! Keep writing and enjoy your friends.

Crystal said...

I too am in the same sad state that you describe - minus the medications and cartilage damage. I've had to really remind myself that my worth is not directly attached to my weight. But I do feel sad when I look at pictures from just 5 years ago. This turning 50 thing really takes a swipe at body shape and size, I'm finding out. Take care - and for goodness sake don't stop posting :))

Aliadelaide said...

Just wanted to add that Mary was there at the birth of this young man and his brother 4 years later. She was the most actively supportive team member there! What a friend!