Friday, September 19, 2008

with a big dose of humility.......

I'm back!

Mind you I am back feeling incredibly embarrassed. I really should have gone for the dummy spit instead of the belly flop!!!!!

I have come up with a possible list of excuses for my bloggy tantrum:

1. Menopause
2. Peri - menopause
3. Emotional regression (wind the clock back by about 45 years).
4. Lack of exercise (brain deprived of oxygen)
5. End of school term weariness (totally exhausted)
6. Still not quite used to being 50?
7. Alien possession?????
8. Sleep deprivation (I have had this virus thing for two weeks)
9. Food poisoning (a stretch, I know!)
10 New membership in the "poor me - blah, blah blah' club (giving it a bit of a run!!!!)

Linds, can I take this opportunity of saying thanks for giving me a kick in the bloggy butt. Thanks also for the award

I thought the 6 weird or odd things about self was quite challenging, but here goes-

1. I tap out the letters from a sentence on my fingers until they land on my pinky ( apparently it is a sign of obsessive - compulsive behavior).
2. I get into my flannelet Pj's (summer or winter) around 7pm most nights (too bad if I am going out!!!!)
3. I sing all the time (I do this word association thing - I'll recognize a word that's in a song and belt out a line or two - not always in the most appropriate of places).
4. I'm still not sure what I want to be/do when I grow up (clearly I have a long way to go yet:)
5. I'd rather have chips at the beach than go to a 5 star restaurant.
6. I never try on clothes in a fitting room . I buy them, try them on at home and return if the sizing is clearly wrong!!!!!!

Bonus one: This one is from my youngest

7. I re -do their chores - she says this is way too weird! I say it's an obvious necessity - perhaps linked to the finger tapping?


Cheers.

P.S. Thanks for dropping in Edith - I am not always so..... emotional... okay, maybe (lately) I have been a little more emotional than say normal (for me).

P.P.S I wont be continuing that silly daily theme thing - dont ask me what was going on with that one - a mystery even to me.

cheers!

P.P.P.S After I thank Linds one more time I promise to remove yesterday's Sooky La La moment from my mind.

Thanks Linds

2 comments:

Linds said...

Sigh. The woman sees sense. I am grinning. We all have moments. I appear to be having quite few myself.And go over to Edith's and tell her you want to see the wedding photos too. You do know she just got married a few weeks ago????????? I am still waiting for the photos. Not to mention a detailed account of the wedding as well.

It is good to see you back to normal again. My pleasure, my dear.

Judith said...

Hey guess what, Mary, I got daughter, Bev in Pennsylvania to add your blog to my list I can just click on, so should be easier staying in touch now.

Of your list of reasons for feeling as you did, I think finishing another school year would be more than enough to push you like it did. This sisterhood of blogging is so good for all of us.