Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Random rantings

So, I was lying on the freestanding hammock pondering on a bit of this and a bit of that. The sun was shining. The dishes were done. I was in the mood to be entertained but family, friends or even strangers were either too busy or not wanting to play. So, I set myself a little challenge. On the bush (seen behind that rather elegant heel) is a little make- do clothes line (a bit like when you go camping). My challenge was to remove the peg from the line using my toes only. Mission accomplished! I expect to hear a cyber round of applause. If you think it is easy- peasy, well give it a go!

(Please excuse that ugly little pinky toe - it's inherited from my mother's side of the family).



So, my two daughters and I sat down and had a little heart to heart concerning their contribution ( as of late) to home chores (almost non existent). I gave a beautiful little speech. They appeared to listen intently. We all agreed (me freely , them under some duress) that they would pull their socks up and do their share. Now, I am fairly confident that communication is a well developed skill of mine. Clearly I have been under some misguided notion that when mum (that's me) uses the, 'I mean it' voice, it actually will inspire conformity. WRONG!

Truly, it's bad enough daughter is being rebellious. But does she have to lead the cat astray?



Well that's it for now folks!

2 comments:

Aliadelaide said...

Yes well as you know Mary, I'm completing my son's journalism degree as a part-time hobby in my so much free-time, in between homeschooling his younger siblings and doing most of the chores; seriously where did all that good traing go to!!
And the trouble with communication is no matter how good we talk they still have to listen!!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Oh, but that looks SO comfortable!

Great job with your toe talents, too!