Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers day review

Sunday came,
Sunday went
It's hard to explain
all that it meant.

I'll give it a go
it's only right
So many blessings
a few tiny frights.

I woke up early
(as all mums do)
Cooked my own breakfast
that's nothing new.

Got in the car
to pick up the son.
Ran out of petrol
son went for a run.

Grabbed all the kiddies
went off to church.
They gave out some chocolate
son, got off his perch.

loaded with goodies
off for a drive.
Where are we going?
A picnic surprise!

Out came the camera
smile.... look at that!
Don't take my photo!
You tricked me, you brat.

Nice salad sandwich
I've taught you well.
Followed by a Pepsi
this picnic is swell.

Let's go for a walk
I hear you say.
Not up that mountain?
can't do it, no way!



Blessings upon blessings
I had this Mothers day.
My heart is still smiling
Hip hip hooray!!!!!



It really was a great day and exactly what the doctor ordered.

No comments: