Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fill my cup Lord

It would be a fair statement to say that I have got more than my fair share of things to try and sort out at the moment. Many of these issues are draining the life out of me. My finances are being drained, my emotions are drained, my 'it'll be right!" "No worries" "Have faith" attitude - drained.

Do I consider my lot in life as an opportunity or a burden?

Is it half empty (pessimist) or half full (Optimist)?


Then I wondered why I need be satisfied with half of anything. Why can't I have an overflowing cup?


Fill My Cup, Lord
Words and Music by Richard Blanshard

John 4:14
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;

but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."


          Like the woman at the well
          I was seeking For things that could not satisfy:
          And then I heard my Savior speaking:
          "Draw from my well that never shall run dry".

            Chorus
            Fill my cup Lord,

            I lift it up, Lord!
            Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
            Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more
            Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

          There are millions in this world who are craving
          The pleasures earthly thin
          gs afford;
          But none can match the wondrous treasure
          That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.

            Chorus
            Fill my cup Lord,
            I lift it up, Lord!
            Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
            Bread of heaven, Feed me
            till I want no more
            Fill my cup, fill it up
            and make me whole!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

Good morning, Mary! Is it even morning where you are? I'm not sure. I told you I'd be dropping by and I'm glad I did.

Your post is one that I can really relate to and I'm sure others can, too. Trying to keep our eyes on the big picture, seeing God's providence in all of our circumstances (not just the good) is a challenge we all face. I think the best we can do is what you propose here: ask the Lord to fill our cup.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope to hear from you again soon.