Wednesday, March 19, 2008

False Identity - tempting

Was having a discussion with my youngest (19yrs old) about her 'My Space' practices. Being somewhat over protective in my parenting in the past I did not disappoint by grilling her ( I meant to say discussing with her) on the lurking dangers of profiling yourself to a wide, largely unknown audience.

Got me thinking about blogging in general.

Blogging can be addictive - wake up, cup of tea, check blog, surf net, cup of tea....
Blogging can temporarily fill a void (loneliness, isolation, boredom, procrastination)
Blogging can give you a means to re- invent yourself (how much of what we share re[presents who we really are - do we only share what we want others to see?
Blogging can bring a smile to your dial
Blogging can connect you to this big wide wonderful world we live in
Blogging can re-define relationships
Blogging can be an honest journal of your current journey
Blogging can be an egotistical one sided opinion
Blogging can have a voice, be a listening ear, a heartfelt moment of sharing, insightful and welcoming.

Blogging can be so many different things. That's fair enough! I ask myself what is my intent? What do I want from this relationship?

I'll make myself another cup of tea and give it some thought.

just wondering!

No comments: