Friday, March 14, 2008

The beginning of something beautiful - my saving grace

Hi

I have been curious about blogging for a little while now. Have been a bit cautious as to what to write about, what to share and whom should read. My friend (that's you Ali) reassured me that there are safe ways to have a voice through the internet. I believe her and so have taken this leap.

I love to talk. I love to share. I love to test out my thoughts, opinions and insights with others. I also love to hear of the magical moments of others, if it can challenge my world view and mould me into a more honest person. Blogging could well be my saving grace, literally. There's nothing quite as frustrating as secret insights. By this I mean that when you learn something, discover a truth, feel inspired by a life or an act then you want to test these new thoughts blessings, challenges etc with a wider audience.

I feel a little more ready to hear God's voice again. Actually I have been hearing him for quite awhile but have stubbornly refused to listen. What is God saying? I know He talks through his children, through verse, through nature, through song, through His word - endless opportunities.
Blogging is an opportunity.


I went to see the movie "Bucket List' starring Nicholas Cage and Morgan Freeman. This is a story of two men who come from different walks of life who find themselves sharing a hospital room. Both these men discover that they are dying. One of the men starts writing a bucket list - when he was in college his professor asked him to write down all the things he would like to do, achieve or experience before he kicked the bucket. The two men decide that it is not too late, so they make a list of things to do before they die and off they go on this journey. Keeping in mind this is a movie and one of the men happened to be filthy rich and was able and willing to finance this adventure it was a worth considering what would I put on my list if I knew I had only a short time to live. What do I consider to be valuable in my life? What legacy would I leave? Would I please myself or do everything for the greater good?

I am making my list. I would be tempted to have a balance of 'feel good ME moments' and leaving a footprint in the sand ( making a difference to this world). A whisper has just entered my head. I think that what ever I put on my list needs to lead me to a place where I can say "It is well with my soul".

Random thoughts - just wondering!

3 comments:

Mary said...

just checking how you can leave a comment.

Interesting thought!

See the Blue Sky said...

Your site is amazing! I got so much from what you have said as well as the beautiful way in which you have said it...
kimberly
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/seethebluesky

Unknown said...

Jack Nicholson, not Nicholas Cage.