Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A little bit more of this, that and the other!

Thought I might just get myself a little cleaning partner...........

This little beauty is an impressive (and powerful) steam cleaner. The instructions (yes I have read them) do make some pretty wild claims. Apparently, IT cleans floor surfaces with the greatest of ease.

So, here's the problem - I have had it for a week now and it has pretty much stayed in the same position as seen in the photo.

It would appear that I have to actually direct it.

Damn and double damn!!!

I was so hoping IT would do all the cleaning.

I guess that aint gonna happen - sigh!

Two more days and I am on a two week break. I am off to Brisbane with my skinny dippin partner in crime. I am also hoping to hit the open road and take a drive up to Port Augusta to meet and have coffee with a fellow blogger (that's you Theressa) - me other good friend 'la homeschooler' is coming with me - watch out Portagutter - we party hard ;)

Oh yes, if you are wondering what to do on Good Friday and Easter Sunday why not pop in to my Church. Ladies and gentleman - I am gonna sing. Yep, you heard right ladies. I have temporarily joined the Salvo songters and I am giving the old vocal chords a work out.

Excited did you ask?

Excited?

Hardly! I am certifiably terrified!!!!!!! You see, there's this really, really, REALLY high note. The thing is I used to love, I mean LOVE, hitting those top notes. However, (and here is the crux of my fear) them where the days my friends. I am not (I repeat) I am NOT super confident with this particular song. At this stage I kinda know when I am "supposed" to go for gold - but (and this is a big BUT); What if I soar to the heavenly rafters and it ends up as a terribly embarrassing solo? Watch the conductor, did I hear you advise? Well of course that would be just perfect if - I could actually see her. The stage lights - boy - them lights on stage are pretty darn bright! So, I am looking for the key of confidence! Oh yeah, perhaps a little dose of perspective wouldn't go astray. After all, it's not just about me, is it? (Please, no lectures in humility- just encouragement - Ta).

You all come back now.....

4 comments:

Linds said...

You will sing like a lark. High notes are easier to hit accurately when you are singing in front of people. And if you don't hit it, I guarantee no one will remember.
Your adventures will make great blog fodder, and please remember to take ye trusty old camera with you to document it all!

Good grief. You word verification is having fun today : lagmxwwb

Linds said...

AAAND.... when you have mastered the driving of that yellow thing, you can whizz it up here and do my entire house too. Thank you. That is all.

Therese said...

so looking forward to seeing you and Ali.

We will be in Adelaide from the 22nd till the 25th so I hope those aren't the dates you will be here.

Crystal said...

Two weeks of holidays sounds great!! Have fun on your travels and adventures. And take lots of pictures so you can show us what you did :))

Cleaning - the bane of my existence! Honestly, I procrastinate so badly about doing it. The best years of my life were the ones when I had a cleaning lady!

Good luck with your singing - how marvelous that you are involved in it. Happy Easter!!