Saturday, March 14, 2009

one year bloggaversary


Thank you all for dropping into my one year bloggaversary.

And what a year it has been.

Many changes.

For example - I know most of you are privy to the fact that I needed to lose a few kilo's.

Well here is an update.

From this....
to this....


How much younger do I look?

Confession number 1 - I do tend to exaggerate a little. The truth is I have dyed my hair a little (just to cover the odd white stray you understand!)

So, I was flicking through my past posts - as you do when you are having an anniversary. Anyhow, I was having a little scroll down memory lane and something jumped out at me.

I had to laugh.

You see as it turns out I did some of my best posts when not one single person came to visit (or if they did they tiptoed out without leaving a comment) can you believe that? What a waste! I mean to say - and I do not intend to blow my horn too excessively - but - sometimes I am right on the money with my wit and ramblings. Sadly though at other times I rather regret posting at all - hmmm!

These were the times when the visitors arrived (of course).

You know how it goes .......... right?

Usually your house is in a 'reasonable' state - things are more often than not ready to receive guests.

Post after post you sit in your spic and span home with only the air freshener appreciating your cleanliness

and then

quite predictably

the day you don't make your bed, or you leave some dishes on the sink, or

heaven forbid you leave the cat litter in the laundry and it's smelling the place out

you get visitors!

So, there you are having a 'slump' when some intelligent or classy or well groomed or articulate or interesting or witty or spiritual or grammatically correct (you can tell why that would freak me out a little) or worse still, someone with several of these attributes comes a visiting and .....

What can you do?

You can only apologise or you can try making some lame excuse about being tired, or unwell, or momentarily mad or (if you are quick enough) suggest you are part of an experiment on the effects 'slumming it' has on the usually witty, articulate and profound self.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that I was ready to have a great big celebration today and then

the day took a turn towards the cat litter.

I really don't think it is appropriate to celebrate one whole year of blogging with a cat litter moment - do you?

I was tempted to try for another rain check.

Clean up the house a little ..........

SIGH!!!!!!

Oh what the heck.

Confession number 2 - I tend to ramble and rave about random stuff (often).

Come on - let's dance....

No excuses..... none!

Grab the meds if needed -

dance sitting down if you have to

but

please excuse the mess and

let's dance ladies - (Linds, that's you wearing the green hat - futuristic!!!!)


Confession number 3 - that was not really me in the photo earlier (the one on the beach that is).

Phew! I'm all done - completely and utterly spent. Let's put the kettle on have a coffee and perhaps a bit of chocolate cake that Crystal so kindly offered to bring.

One year blogging!!!

What a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya ladies - you are my saving grace.

8 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Congratulations! I agree, our best posts are probably those that were just for us, nobody else. Then, we went public. Ouch. You see the mess I created.

But, that's behind us. We all have things we wanted to accomplish, and with any accomplishments, there are random acts along the way.

Therese said...

lol great blogaversary post Mary.

I have to ask though, can I have some wine instead of coffee? It is Saturday night after all.

So I have to know, who is dancing with you and Linds?

I will join you on the dance floor once I have a glass of wine.

Happy Bloggaversary.

Therese

Linds said...

Happy Blogiverary, Mary! I am up there dancing - but I am not sure re the hat. Sniff.

I think the secret, by the way, is to write for yourself. I know when I am spilling my own thoughts out for my own benefit, in a way, that the posts work better than normal. However, I never listen to my own advice, and random ramblings are the usual order of the day!

I am looking forward to many more years of reading your antics!

Crystal said...

I am so glad that Linds directed me over to your blog way back when. Your analogy to the house is a clever one - and oh, so true. I will continue to read and to enjoy your blog, with whatever you post whenever!

I may need to bake another cake - this one is a bit crumbly and dry because I didn't want to underbake it - and so instead, I overbaked it. Will I ever learn?? And there's only 1/2 left because the Bible study group ate the other half :)) But I don't mind baking another one for you, my friend!

Happy Blogaversary to You!! I'll raise a toast to many more!

Judith said...

Mary, It's your realness, the being who you really are, that I most admire. I am loving getting to know you, and that includes the not so great days, too.

Keep 'em coming. We may yet make our bloggity coffee time a reality, but if we never do, at least we have this. It is like a ray of sunshine, seeing your liveliness, and 'can do" attitude.

Kym-Anne said...

Happy bloggaversary to you,
Happy bloggaversary to you,
Happy bloggaversary dear Mary!!! Happy bloggaversary to you.

Aliadelaide said...

Happy "birthday" Mary!

I love those pictures , where did you get them...

Your post really got me thinking:

do we post because we have something to say or because we want to appeal to an audience.

This whole blog thing makes you wonder at times doesn't it....

like if you passed me in the street and claimed to know me you'd at least smile,nod or say hallo but if you claim to follow a blog no such rules apply.

So does edicate not exist in blogger sphere... And then too do some people say they follow someone a bit like we used to collect stamps or swaps as little kids.

Of course we can never know someone in the same way through a blog as in person...

which brings me back to my pondering as to why do we blog
sorry this is such a long comment. Please feel free to delete if you don't think its appropriate

Rosaria Williams said...

Mary,
I have left comments on Aliadelaide's blog, but I don't see them. Is she not receiving me?

I so wanted to get to know her.