Sunday, March 22, 2009

The juggler

I used to be a great juggler.

I prided myself on being able to keep lots and lots of tasks in motion at the same time. I rather considered myself a 'Super Proficient Multitasking Juggler'.

It's true!

But those were the days my friend.

Memories
may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
and now
there's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, I believe in yesterday ....
Suddenly.... I'm not half the juggler I used to be
etc etc etc.

Shock, horror, sorrow and shame - I no longer have that Juggling extraordinariness.

Bugger!!!!!!

Like a fool, however, I grab the tasks - throw them in the air (completely ignoring my loss of juggling powers) and simply wait for the juggle to come crashing down all around me.

I guess what I am trying to say is - I need to get used to the idea of prioritizing (big time). Struggling with juggling the competing tasks (that demand completion at the same time) is wiping me out.

Are you picturing my dilemma?

There you are with all these demanding tasks whizzing past your eyes. Suddenly you get the sense that you have thrown one too many items into the juggle and you are about to drop the lot. So, in a complete paralyzed state you have no choice but to watch them all come tumbling down.

I used to be a great juggler - those were the days my friend!

Please don't cry for me Argentina!

Remember, I said I used to be extraordinary.

Still,
pretty darn good is more than acceptable -

right?

6 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

Mmm..stick on blisters, could be an idea!!

Oh the old juggling act hey! It can be hard sometimes to keep up with everything and exhusting too!

Thank you for your well wishes.

Crystal said...

This was a perfect read for me today! Heather and her 2 darling children are here for a few days. And it is chaotic - humourous - wonderful - crazy busy - not a moment to yourself - cupboard full of dirty dishes again - messy - bliss!! There is no time for extras when you have a 7 month old and a 29 month old!! I must go to bed before they get up at 6:30, ready and raring to go!

Rosaria Williams said...

We are more than ever; yes, more than we have ever been. Besides, juggling is no longer necessary to entertain the crowds.

Aliadelaide said...

Personally and because I know you in person I think you do a pretty darn good job of juggling...in my personal opinion that is!!

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Congratulations....Your posting is very interesting... I really enjoyed reading this post. Keep writing

Butterfly Mama said...

uh, you are still extraordinary my friend! This is wonderful, I love the descriptive words, I can picture you with tasks falling down around you.

I'm there too recently ;)

Hugs,
Heidi