Saturday, May 23, 2009

quotes


As long as we have memories,

yesterday remains.

As long as we have hope,
tomorrow awaits.

As long as we have friendship,
each day is never a waste.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.


Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on; ‘Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another’s tears, Till in Heaven the deed appears, Pass it on.
Henry Burton

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

and to conclude for now...


The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people half way.

10 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Mary, this is precious! Thank you for collecting and sharing these thoughts with us.

Crystal said...

Oh, I'm so glad you came back to blogging again! I missed you. Love the quotes - such good thoughts and reminders for me. How is school going?
((( HUGS )))

Judith said...

Mary, I'm so glad you posted. (Not I've done much of it lately, either). Honestly, I was just thinking as I read your great quotes, you've been away too long.
Hope all is well with you.

Elena said...

Lovely to read these quotes - thank you.
God Bless,
Elena :)

Crystal said...

Good luck with your tulips! I am really not a very good gardener - and I really don't enjoy it as much as some people do! Our youngest daughter has the green thumb for our whole family - and she married someone who has an equally green one. I like fresh vegetables to use in the kitchen but I HATE weeding so usually things fall apart here about the end of June! DH has come around to the idea of helping out so hopefully this year will go better. I"ll let you know!

One thing I have learnt is watering is crucial - sometimes I do it morning and evening and the second thing is to fertilize regularly. That's how the greenhouses get such beautiful blooming plants - it's nothing else but water and fertilizer. Oh, and dead heading regularly - I guess that makes three! Good luck - and enjoy, even if you only get 1 or 2 blooms.

Linds said...

Great quotes, Mary. I am also very glad you posted, even though I am never around at the moment. I do have a good excuse though! I will be back soon.

Margaret Cloud said...

I love to read quotes and these are so nice, and you are right about meeting people half-way. Hope you have a nice week.

Crystal said...

What kind of tea shall I make? I have some lovely Pear Rooiboos or perhaps some Lemon Ginger would be to your liking? The patio table is tidied up, the rhubarb is ready to make a crisp and my home is wide open. Come on over!!!! Seriously, I would love to have you visit any time you like :))

Rosaria Williams said...

You must be busy, busy, busy. When do you get a break? Is there a winter/holiday break of any magnitude that will give you a decent break?

Leanne said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to comment!! What a great story and an interesting life...you should write a book! Looking forward to further installments!