Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scaredy cat...

That's me.

I am so embarrassed! Actually, I am mortified! Well actually I am incredibly ... scared!

I am pacing. Literally, right now, as I type, I am pacing the room. I am pacing up and down the hallway. I am pacing and sweating. My heart is racing. Have I mentioned I am pacing? Scared? Embarrassed? Mortified?

Why?

How embarrassing..

Well, you see, I went into my bedroom to get into my pj's.

Hoping to save on a little power I groped around in the dark to find the bedside lamp. I felt something creep over my hand.

Somehow holding onto my last moment of sanity I found the switch and brought forward some light.

Scurrying away was this great big, ugly, hairy, black, plump, eight legged monster.

I am not exaggerating - it was definitely... Hold on, I have no idea why I am using past tense? It is still big, plump, hairy..

It is still in my bedroom.

I am freaking out here!

There is no way I am going to bed tonight - NO WAY!

I am almost crying here!

There is an eight legged monster in my bedroom - somewhere.

I do not care that it is quite likely it has been there for awhile.

My scalp is now itchy.

Add that to sweaty palms, racing heart and pacing.

I can't take much more!

Ok, I'm going in...

I have gathered many, many different kinds of ugly, hairy, plump, eight-legged monster- killing
thingamabobs.

Weapon of choice - vacuum cleaner.

I may or may not be back..


Wish me well........

7 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

You must have had quite a scare. Did you find the beast? Did you kick it out of the house, or what?

In Florida there are cockroaches so big and fierce that if you spray them, they jump in your face. They can't get killed with regular insect sprays. My daughter is still terrified of any thing that flies or crawls in the house.

Linds said...

A baseball bat may help too. You alive?

Margaret Cloud said...

Call an exterminator, I think they have after hours phone number. I would be scared also, GOOD LUCK. Let us know what happens.

Crystal said...

Hello, hello, hello - - - Miss Muffet are you still there????

I don't mean to make light of your current situation. Did you win the war?

Aliadelaide said...

Vacuum cleaner hmmm, Mary remind me tell you about the huntsman that "got away" via our vacuum cleaner...and then there's our little mouse problem...only ever seen one but as we all KNOW if there's one...does it work the same way with spiders!!

Kym-Anne said...

Hi there fellow scaredy cat,

We have been having the same problem,
it must be the time of year.

The biggest, ugliest, scariest Huntsman spiders have been taking up residence at our place.

I'm not as brave as you, I cannot bring myself to go near them. If David isn't home I leave the room!

Oh the thought of one of them touching me, YUK, you must have been a wreck. No wonder you freaked out!

Rosaria Williams said...

Hi Mary. I wanted to come over and wish you Happy Mother's Day.

In a few months you'll finish this school term, no? What are your plans for next year?