Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Dream Combi Van

I have gone and bought myself a combi van.


It may be small. It may not have an engine. It may only be a replica (notice the ruler?).

However, it sits right up front on my display shelf and reminds me that I am working hard at one of the toughest classrooms of all time (I am their 7th teacher for this year) so that I can realize my dream of reigniting the hippy young woman buried deep inside me and then piling my wrinkled, creaking body into a combi (must be blue) and taking off down those long, dusty, open Australian roads to have a little bit of fun.

Seven teachers! Yep, they are little darlings.

Let me just say however, that I have told them with clarity that - COME HELL OR HIGH WATER (I didn't actually use that term) THERE WILL BE NO EIGHTH.
SO, BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE GUYS!

If you have a spare prayer... much appreciated.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Our son-in-law has acquired 2 of these vans from the 70's and is determined to get them running again - much to our daughter's chagrin! Good luck with your project. And I pray that God will give you strength , enthusisasm, patience and humour to teach this group. It sounds like some consistency would help their cause too. I'm looking forward to hearing more as time goes on.

Linds said...

I have had classes like that too. Not easy. Challenging. So I know what you must be feeling like.
I love the Combi! And I love the goals and dreams too. You will do it!

Margaret Cloud said...

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Margaret Cloud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.