Tuesday, July 15, 2008

chin up

Have you ever been to a friend's place and then left thinking that you have been (for the better part) ignored?

Have you ever said a friendly hello to someone on the street and had a smile- less face stare right back at you?

Have you ever poured your heart out to someone and then regretted it as you realize they are only superficially concerned?

Have you ever found yourself waiting for the post man, hoping that something, anything (even the junk mail) is being delivered?

Have you ever been lonely?
Have you ever been sad?
Have you ever been flirting
with the idea you are mad?

Have you ever cried out
to an empty space?
Do you ever think you belong
to an uncaring race?

Chin up!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Yep. Been there. Done that. And in the end, I am eternally grateful that I was born an optimist. Or just plain stubborn!

JulieMom said...

Yes. Yes I have. And it's not fun.

Nor is it easy to keep the chin up, but thanks for the reminder to try!

Judith said...

Mary, I want a mirror like your kitty cat has. I was in a store, and a customer got in line with only one item, so I told her she could go ahead if she'd like.
She seemed very surprised, but looked around, then hurried up to the clerk. Didn't say thank you, or anything, but talked with the clerk a little, then left. So it didn't seem she was in a terrible hurry. At first I thought, Gcheeze, I was nice to you and you didn't even speak. But I thought it over, and decided two things. I do not know what was going on in her life that might have taken up all her thinking while at the store, and I don't base my behaviour on how someone else's is. So it was enough for me that I knew I did something nice. However, my daughter, Bev at "Scratchin' The Surface" says it is wise to choose people you hang with who are not too consumed with themselves all the time. and run away, don't walk from those who are too high maintenance, that friendship should be a dialogue, not a monologue. Maybe I can find a picture of a lion to put on my mirror.